PDA

View Full Version : Pentax Zone System V Zone Dial sticker

psychoanalyst
13-Nov-2011, 20:43
Hello,

Can someone using a Pentax V analog spot meter share a picture of how they stuck the zone dial sticker on?

I know the Zone dial itself is available for printing and cutting, but I am not sure it is to scale. Would like to verify with you.

Also, I checked Calumet for the sticker and am confused by the product name.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/eng/product/zone_vi_studios_zone_vi_zone_dial_sekonic_l228/zn6534

Would I be able to use that?

Thanks.

Avi

Renato Tonelli
13-Nov-2011, 21:12
The one in your link would probably not work with the Pentax - the dials were made for specific models.

banjo
13-Nov-2011, 21:28
try www.darkroommagic.com then "library" then "camera, lens & film"

banjo
13-Nov-2011, 21:39
BOBO try www.darkroomagic.com then "library" then "camera, lens & film"

psychoanalyst
14-Nov-2011, 07:00
That is where I got the zone dial from, but I don't think its made to scale...does not fit on my Pentax V no matter how I cut it.

Avi

mikebarger
14-Nov-2011, 10:00
There should be one there that fits. Ralph used my original as a model; I printed it and it was a perfect match to mine.

From the original thread on APUG.

"With your help and others in this thread, I was able to create one. You'll find it at:

http://www.darkroomagic.com/

Select 'Library' from the menu and scroll down to the Pentax Spotmater V sticker. Since I don't own one, I'd like to know if it fits. Thanks."

banjo
14-Nov-2011, 10:42
That is where I got the zone dial from, but I don't think its made to scale...does not fit on my Pentax V no matter how I cut it.

Avi

will it come up on my computer at 165* ZOOMED try by puting it back
down to 100*

banjo
14-Nov-2011, 10:45
OR go to Ebad Item number: 130601245802 Zone Dial Sticker for Pentax V Spotmeter, Zone VI US $8.00 Buy It

psychoanalyst
14-Nov-2011, 17:01
will it come up on my computer at 165* ZOOMED try by puting it back
down to 100*

I printed the PDF without unchecking "fit to paper"....

That fixed the problem and I have stuck the dial to the meter.....works like a charm.

Thanks!

Avi

psychoanalyst
14-Nov-2011, 17:02
There should be one there that fits. Ralph used my original as a model; I printed it and it was a perfect match to mine.

From the original thread on APUG.

"With your help and others in this thread, I was able to create one. You'll find it at:

http://www.darkroomagic.com/

Select 'Library' from the menu and scroll down to the Pentax Spotmater V sticker. Since I don't own one, I'd like to know if it fits. Thanks."

Mike,

Many thanks. I figured out the issue and now it works like a charm.

Thanks to you and Ralph for designing this.....it makes using the Zone System so much easier.

Avi

Joseph Dickerson
15-Nov-2011, 09:34
Avi,

I was just cleaning/shoveling out my desk and found one in the original package. No idea how I got it. At least I think it's for the Pentax V.

PM me your address and it's yours...if it isn't the one you need, just pass it along to someone who can use it.

JD