PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the east of France

Laurent L
8-Nov-2011, 10:26
Hi !

My name is Laurent and I live in the east area of France close to the switz border.

I've been playing with film cameras as a hobby for a while and I climbed many steps till I reached large format ten months ago.

I own a Linhof color with a grandagon N 90mm, a symmar S MC 180mm and a tele arton 240mm Im looking for my standard lens 125 or 135mm and keep buying a lot of stuff to upgrade my large format camera.

I now have my own lab in my basement, a little but nice darkroom where I can develop my films including C41 and E6 and make my black et white prints with my enlargers.

I work as a social worker for slightly mentaly handicaped children, one of my tool is film photography, I learn them how to make nice photos while the cameras teach them a lot of other things (staying calm, behaving, beeing responsible and so on...).

I hope that my rusty english won't be an obstacle to my will of sharing with you like I already share with a lot of other people in french forums.

I leave you for the time beeing with one of my favourite photo, I made it with a soviet camera (Moskva 2 a copy of the Ikonta).

Best regards from "Franche Comté" :)

http://watanuki.pagesperso-orange.fr/moskvabien.jpg

Laurent

Robert Ley
8-Nov-2011, 11:21
Welcome aboard Laurent! I think that you will find this forum a friendly place to pursue your photographic endeavors.

Please don't be concerned with your English...it is fine and you communicate very well.

The image that you shared is very nice and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Robert

Laurent L
8-Nov-2011, 12:32
Thanks a lot for your heartwarming welcome, Robert.

"photographic endeavor", I love the way it sounds...

dperez
15-Nov-2011, 13:19
Welcome to the forum Laurent.

-Daniel