PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Acros8x10 Anywhere???

Gary Tarbert
7-Nov-2011, 01:51
Hi , Is there anybody who knows where i might get some 8x10 Acros 100 down to my last pack and the usual suspects badger , B&h , Freestyle have none, Failing that i have been told that Delta 100 which is readily available is a good alternative , Any thoughts i have never used it , I am getting the results i want with my acros & dev combo so not keen too change if i can avoid it , But beggers can't be choosers i guess Regards Gary

Renato Tonelli
7-Nov-2011, 07:34
Beautiful film.

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=30

Gary Tarbert
9-Nov-2011, 05:37
Beautiful film.

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=30Thanks Renato Approx $9.00 per sheet plus shipping is probably just a little rich for me , I may have to order some delta and just try it . Regards Gary

Renato Tonelli
9-Nov-2011, 06:52
It's a bit rich for me as well. I really don't understand why Fuji does not export these films. Apparently their Quickloads are still available as well, but only in Japan.

Richard K.
9-Nov-2011, 06:58
Hard to understand their prices, seeing as they ARE in Japan. As an example, the 120 Acros is literally twice as much as at B&H with more in shipping cost as well. :confused:

Sal Santamaura
9-Nov-2011, 08:52
Hard to understand their prices, seeing as they ARE in Japan...On the contrary, it's easy to understand their prices.

Dirk purchases everything he sells in Tokyo retail stores. Japanese domestic prices have always been higher than what they charge in export markets. Then one must deal with exchange rates and the extremely strong Yen. Finally (!), Japan Exposures is a business, not a charitable operation, so there's that small matter of making a profit. All things considered, the prices seem fair to me. If one wants a product that's not available from any other source, having a means to obtain it comes at a cost.

Louis Pacilla
9-Nov-2011, 09:06
Thanks Renato Approx $9.00 per sheet plus shipping is probably just a little rich for me , I may have to order some delta and just try it . Regards Gary

Gary, I think you will be pleased with Delta 100. Very nice creamy smooth tones . I would say it's somewhere between Across and Tmax characteristics . Give it a try.

Drew Wiley
9-Nov-2011, 09:50
Acros is it's own animal, being othopan as well as very predictable at long exposures.
I think this is simply a matter of Fuji USA deciding not to stock it for some unknown
reason other than the usual hierarchical infighting, rote recessionary inventory reductions, and lack of communication with real photographers. This is the kind of film which warrants a group order, but not at Japanese retail prices! I've still got a few sheets of it left. Fuji USA seems to be brining back a number of products that were
trimmed back last year, namely, certain paper roll sizes, so just maybe someone in
that organization would have their ears open if the dollar amt was sufficient.

Peter De Smidt
9-Nov-2011, 11:18
You might be able to buy directly from one of the big stores in Japan.

It's a real shame that more available. It's a wonderful film, especially for the long exposures often required by LF photography.

Richard K.
9-Nov-2011, 11:39
On the contrary, it's easy to understand their prices.

Dirk purchases everything he sells in Tokyo retail stores. Japanese domestic prices have always been higher than what they charge in export markets. Then one must deal with exchange rates and the extremely strong Yen. Finally (!), Japan Exposures is a business, not a charitable operation, so there's that small matter of making a profit. All things considered, the prices seem fair to me. If one wants a product that's not available from any other source, having a means to obtain it comes at a cost.

Sal, I agree with you about products not available from oher sources and I for one am willing and have in the past paid the price. I wasn't aware of the logistics of the operation, no disparagement intended. I wish they made this in 10x12!

Richard K.
9-Nov-2011, 11:41
||||||||the usual hierarchical infighting, rote recessionary inventory reductions,|||||

Can I quote you on that? Oh, I just did...:)

Gary Tarbert
9-Nov-2011, 16:27
Acros is it's own animal, being othopan as well as very predictable at long exposures.
I think this is simply a matter of Fuji USA deciding not to stock it for some unknown
reason other than the usual hierarchical infighting, rote recessionary inventory reductions, and lack of communication with real photographers. This is the kind of film which warrants a group order, but not at Japanese retail prices! I've still got a few sheets of it left. Fuji USA seems to be brining back a number of products that were
trimmed back last year, namely, certain paper roll sizes, so just maybe someone in
that organization would have their ears open if the dollar amt was sufficient.
Drew if some members are interested in a group order that would see us obtain it at the prices i aquired my last lot at approx$3.00 to $4.00 a sheet for 8x10 (can't quite recall)i for one would be very interested to get the ball rolling you could put me down for 20 packs. I am based in Australia though so i would have to pay for onship . Regards Gary