PDA

View Full Version : ARCA SWISS 5x7

Herb Cunningham
1-Nov-2011, 08:09
I haven't used my 5x7 Arca in several years, will probably sell it. It is a convert, was the old style, I added new function carriers and rail, and had Bob Watkins fit a bag bellows to it. I have no idea if anybody is using this format, let alone what $$ it would bring. Any ideas? 5x7 alive and well? I have a ton of film as well as holders.

John Schneider
1-Nov-2011, 08:34
Several people here have been looking for one of these over the years (me included). After maybe eight years of looking, there have been 4-5 A or A/B models on eBay and eBay.de since 2007 (the crash seemed to propel all these unused ones from the woodwork). They seem to sell in the $400-550 range with good bellows. Not sure how much a premium the newer function carriers and rail would add; they're certainly nicer, but only a half-step toward what everyone really wants: a nice F-Classic 5x7 :) at a price they can afford :eek: .

And of course, your 5x7 film holders are worth quite a bit in today's new-5x7-film-holder-bereft market.

AnselAdamsX
1-Nov-2011, 08:52
I'd be interested as well. Although I'd really prefer a Sinar P 5x7 conversion. But they are $750.

DrTang
1-Nov-2011, 11:36
ton of film huh?

I shoot 5x7 because no one else will

every ne'er do well has a 4x5..I even have 3 or 4.. but how many 5x7's do you see out there?

I haven't used my 5x7 Arca in several years, will probably sell it. It is a convert, was the old style, I added new function carriers and rail, and had Bob Watkins fit a bag bellows to it. I have no idea if anybody is using this format, let alone what $$ it would bring. Any ideas? 5x7 alive and well? I have a ton of film as well as holders.