PDA

View Full Version : Wooden tambour plate/film holders?

Fourtoes
1-Nov-2011, 02:11
Anyone recognise what camera these would fit into?

Unfortunately they dont fit any of my cameras and they have been sitting in a box in the studio for a while now.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q313/Fourtoes_bucket/holders.jpg

They have six 5x7 (13x18) film inserts and two 1/4 plate or whatever film equivalent size? inserts.

Any info appreciated.

Tony

TheDeardorffGuy
1-Nov-2011, 18:41
Cool! I was at a museum warehouse and saw large versions of these. 16x20. They were Xray holders made by GE in the 40s.

Steven Tribe
3-Dec-2011, 08:14
This has just become actual for me with a plate holder for 18x24cm.
The width of the teak strips is just 3mm

Steven Tribe
20-Dec-2011, 04:43
I have purchased (and received!) these tambour plate/film holders through the usual auction site!
They solve one or two issues I have had with an existing 18x24 similar.
I will shortly be collecting another type tambour holder.
I'll post here again with info that may be of use for others. If there are others with this type around?

Emil Schildt
20-Dec-2011, 08:02
I have purchased (and received!) these tambour plate/film holders through the usual auction site!
They solve one or two issues I have had with an existing 18x24 similar.
I will shortly be collecting another type tambour holder.
I'll post here again with info that may be of use for others. If there are others with this type around?

I have several square ones for my görlitzer camera.

Steven Tribe
20-Dec-2011, 08:18
The one I am picking up is an 18x24 from a Görlitzer type which has a large set of matching 1/2 plate tambour holders. Photos have posted in "Studio cameras other than...". For the 4 owners of this type of Studio cameras I know (You - with 2, Bosse, Stephane and myself) I will try and organise an email "show, tell and perhaps, swap" so that the right people get the right tools.
The attachment system is quite simple on the Görlitzer type rear and I have thought about a small production of backs which allow mounting of spring backs with GG for use with standard plastic film holders (very non-commercial!).