PDA

View Full Version : Alberta, Canada...

jim kitchen
31-Oct-2011, 23:27
Folks,

I would like a few short moments of your time to illustrate the depth and breadth of my excellent backyard, the energetic folks that enjoy the provincial amenities within it, my home town, the enjoyable tasks my son, and I like to partake on the weekends, and the reason I wake up every morning wanting to capture Alberta's grandeur. A local filmmaker's family member, responsible for the initial production, introduced me to this promotional provincial video last weekend. Enjoy the larger view, and the soundtrack too…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThFCg0tBDck&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As a side note, I am still alive, and I shall return in a few months to present you with a few of my newer images… :)

Again, thank you for your time.

jim k

David Hedley
1-Nov-2011, 05:17
Good to see you here again, Jim, and I'm looking forward to seeing your newer images.

Cheers

David

Andrew O'Neill
1-Nov-2011, 07:51
Made me want to leave for Alberta... hey, wait a minute! I live in beautiful British Columbia!! Nice try!

Ray Van Nes
1-Nov-2011, 08:09
Thank you Jim. Very nice. I notice that most of it is done in Southern Alberta close to where you and I live. Sorry everybody else.
Cheers
Ray

Tony Evans
1-Nov-2011, 08:15
Hey! Hey! Ray,

I resemble that remark:)

Richard K.
1-Nov-2011, 08:41
Shit!! And I thought South Etobicoke was beautiful! :rolleyes: :)

Jim Galli
1-Nov-2011, 08:50
Thank you Jim. Very nice. I notice that most of it is done in Southern Alberta close to where you and I live. Sorry everybody else.
Cheers
Ray

Hmmm.......... Not the Alberta I remember N and E of Calgary. My parents went to school at PBI.

Capocheny
1-Nov-2011, 10:52
Hi Jim,

Hope you're doing well and it's good to see you pop up here again!

There really are some beautiful places to see in Alberta.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Cheers

redrockcoulee
1-Nov-2011, 11:30
Hmmm.......... Not the Alberta I remember N and E of Calgary. My parents went to school at PBI.

East of Calgary is just like in the video, except we do not have the trees, mountains lakes, snow or cities with tall buildings but otherwise just like the video. We do have badlands and horses

Thanks Jim for the link

Ivan, thanking they did not include the world's largest teepee , from the Hat

Ray Van Nes
1-Nov-2011, 12:48
Hello Jim. You are correct much of Alberta is not like the video especially north and east. I have the good fortune to live in the west where most of this was shot. The badlands are north and east and still close to Calgary.
Cheers
Ray

Scott Walker
1-Nov-2011, 13:32
Great to hear from you Jim, excellent video, thanks for sharing.
It reminds me of why I will go out and shoot 50 sheets of film in a day :D

r.e.
1-Nov-2011, 23:51
I'll take Eminem's commercial for Detroit/Chrysler over this potted tourism junk anytime: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc

p_markowski
2-Nov-2011, 00:07
I saw this video this week. Very nice. Would you believe that the "old guard" who did the ad promotions for the Alberta tourism, were not allowed to show case the rocky mountains!(feared Alberta was not just mountains) I know this because I am the lighting technical crew for most of the 2010 campaign. I work in film and television. I like the local music artist.