View Full Version : color compensating filters?

ronald lamarsh
24-Sep-2003, 22:48
The Forte website recommends as much as CC70Y added filtration may be needed to provide proper contrast spacing with kodak polymax filters. I use polygrade V as I like the way it tones. My question is what the heck does CC70Y mean and will CC50Y provide the same effect but to a lesser extent or does it filter a different spectrum all together? I ask because calumet doesn't have a CC70Y in their catalog.

Robert A. Zeichner
25-Sep-2003, 05:15
CC stands for Color Compensating. Y stands for yellow and the multi digit number that follows is the density. Tiffen has partnered with Kodak and offers CC filters as well as B&W Contrast control printing filters in various sizes.