PDA

View Full Version : just left a and i in hollywood and they will stop e6 processing soon

GabrielSeri
28-Oct-2011, 14:42
I can't believe it. When I was in school in the 90s they used to be open 24 hrs processing e6. Calumet on highland also had no film cameras at all in the store. All digi stuff.

I was in shock!

BrianShaw
28-Oct-2011, 14:47
YEOOOW... is that all the bad news you have, or is there more?

GabrielSeri
28-Oct-2011, 14:53
Haha that's it but he said e6 might be a thing of the past soon. I feel old..maybe melodramatic. I think it sucks. Stupid sexy digital cameras!

cdholden
28-Oct-2011, 15:03
I remember when boatloads of 35mm Fuji mailers all went to A&I.

Wayne Crider
29-Oct-2011, 16:02
On the other end of the spectrum, I sent a roll of 35mm into Dale Labs in Hollywood Fl and when I asked about turn around they told be they run E6 every day.

cdholden
31-Oct-2011, 12:14
It's nice to hear they're still supporting film.
I used to deal with them at the counter when I lived in Pembroke Pines. It isn't easy to find, but just off I-95 once you know where to look.

stillphotog
13-Dec-2011, 17:39
FYI - Pro Photo Connection in Orange County, CA (Irvine) is working on completing their E6 lab at their new location. I'm guessing it'll be some time next year (they just finished the drop ceiling of the E6 room) but there is still some hope. In the mean time, they still ingest E6 for processing, and have Datachrome (which is right around the corner) process it. In case you'd like more info... http://data-chrome.com/

Daniel Stone
13-Dec-2011, 22:09
...In the mean time, they still ingest E6 for processing, and have Datachrome (which is right around the corner) process it. In case you'd like more info... http://data-chrome.com/

Thanks for the links, its nice to know I have a local place here in LA that does E-6 for a reasonable amount. Any idea on if DataChrome is running Fuji or Kodak chems?

-Dan

Asher Kelman
13-Dec-2011, 22:34
Icon is simply getting their business! So I'm happy to see them going strong.

We should support them!

Asher

DrTang
21-Dec-2011, 13:55
Color Services in Santa Barbara still doing E6, C41 and B&W (even in coffee) up to 8x10 ..they even did 5x12 for me

I think it's two day turnaround now

matthew blais
21-Dec-2011, 14:22
damn...I used Icon once recently for about 10 sheets of E6...did ok but charged me $22 for overnight shipping because they "assumed" I wanted it right away...(I live an hour away) talking to them was not pleasant about that. So if you use them, be specific about shipping.

GabrielSeri
21-Dec-2011, 14:46
A&I will no longer process E6 film after December 23, 2011
(Any E6 mailers must be used by this deadline )

http://aandi.com/fp.html

John NYC
21-Dec-2011, 21:58
Haha that's it but he said e6 might be a thing of the past soon. I feel old..maybe melodramatic. I think it sucks. Stupid sexy digital cameras!

Kodak may go under and take with it its E6 offerings, but as long as people keep buying Fuji Velvia and what have you, someone somewhere will process it commercially. I really don't think the processing will die out before the film manufacturers do. If Fuji gets a de facto monopoly on E6, it might be able to sustain it for a pretty long time if it chooses to.