PDA

View Full Version : Fuji FP-100c 45 discontinued in Canada

Fred L
28-Oct-2011, 12:15
Stopped by a shop in Toronto to pickup some more Fuji instant and was told that FP-100c45 is no longer going to be available in Canada. Asked if this was official and they confirmed that yes, it's officially discontinued in Canada but they're looking into other suppliers but I'm not holding my breath.

What this means for the rest of the world I have no idea. Just seems to be the 4x5 film that's pooched for us up here.

Darin Boville
28-Oct-2011, 12:35
Just to make clear, this is the full-sized 4x5, not the smaller format version, right? I hope?

--Darin

Fred L
28-Oct-2011, 12:47
yep, the one that goes in the Fuji PA45 or Polaroid 550. This may only be a Canadian thing and just be a distribution thing. Our market may be too small perhaps...

the smaller size should be ok from what I was told so our polaroid cameras aren't dead yet lol

Sean Galbraith
1-Nov-2011, 17:06
Cheaper to order it from B&H anyway.

Fred L
1-Nov-2011, 17:37
can't argue with that esp if the price diff is substantial. don't like doing that to local shops though but if it buys more film per buck...

ordering from the states doesn't help much however if something comes up last minute and I need something asap.

Gene McCluney
24-Nov-2011, 10:16
can't argue with that esp if the price diff is substantial. don't like doing that to local shops though but if it buys more film per buck...

ordering from the states doesn't help much however if something comes up last minute and I need something asap.

Well, I'm in the states, but as time goes by, and I continue to use film, I am having to invest more and more into stocking a large quantity of what I regularly use, just to protect against supply interruptions. Its just the way it is.

Fred L
24-Nov-2011, 10:49
I'm with you there Gene. I think putting in a good supply for the film larder is going to be the norm now and resupply as needed. Or get used to paying more and more every year. Or not.

Ektagraphic
25-Nov-2011, 14:57
I hope these films don't disappear altogether soon!

unixrevolution
28-Nov-2011, 07:07
I hope these films don't disappear altogether soon!

Or ever! I have big plans for 4x5 Fujiroid.

Helen Bach
28-Nov-2011, 10:28
Or ever! I have big plans for 4x5 Fujiroid.

Well, stock up on it now. Fuji 4x5 instant pack film is not made any more according to a Fuji rep I asked.

unixrevolution
28-Nov-2011, 11:30
Well, stock up on it now. Fuji 4x5 instant pack film is not made any more according to a Fuji rep I asked.

This is the most depressing thing I've ever read.

I might as well forget about it now. Anybody need a PA-45 holder?

toprock03
28-Nov-2011, 12:08
This is the most depressing thing I've ever read.

I might as well forget about it now. Anybody need a PA-45 holder?

Ironically I am looking for a PA-45 film holder! If anyone is actually interested in selling please let me know. I am brand new to LF photography and the instant film would provide me with much needed instant feedback. I have a few packs of the film but apparently it wont fit in the polaroid 545 film holder that came with the camera

thanks,

Adam

Fred L
28-Nov-2011, 12:31
Unix,

Even with this news, one can still spend a few years producing work or having fun with the film until it is indeed -30-

I imagine there will now be a run on the holders that take the smaller instant film ;)