PDA

View Full Version : who can mount 72'' prints in canada?

morlinghaus
27-Oct-2011, 14:41
hi all,

i sent an unmounted 72x90'' print to a client in toronto, canada. that client seems to have a hard time getting that print mounted. does anybody know somebody in toronto or all of canada who would be able to mount a print that big?
best,
christoph morlinghaus

www.morlinghaus.com

chacabuco
28-Oct-2011, 19:18
Toronto Image Works? http://www.torontoimageworks.com/index.html Edward Burtnsky's place, so I imagine they can handle big prints.

bob carnie
29-Oct-2011, 06:35
You will be looking for someone with ultrawide inkjet output device, I am not aware of any that I could recommend.
Or you could do it in bites on a hot press but once again I would not want to recommend anyone for that as that could be very dicey to pull off properly.

What you will find is that whoever takes on a supplied print for mounting will not gaurentee the work and you must be prepared to supply a second print and make sure you have this aspect covered in writing.

morlinghaus
13-Nov-2011, 08:51
hi,
tried the burtinsky place but they can only go up to 50''.
we were not able to find a mounter and ended up sending the print to berlin, which was the cheapest way of them all. strange but true. thanks for the replies.
cheers,
christoph

Speedpro Imaging Chicago
17-Nov-2011, 12:25
I own Speedpro Imaging in Chicago and can print/mount/ship anywhere. Www.SpeedproChicago.com

Large format digital printing. Please email us from the site and let me know if you need anything! we can go 72".