PDA

View Full Version : Per Volquartz memorial?

Joseph Dickerson
19-Oct-2011, 12:09
Not sure which forum this should be in...

Are any of the usual suspects, you know who you are, planning a large format gathering at Joshua Tree this winter.

Maybe a Per V. tribute?

If there is something in the works, I'd be interested. Only did one of Per's workshop/gatherings but had plans for more.

JD

Michael Clark
19-Oct-2011, 13:31
I have heard some talking about it and would be willing to attend if it ever got organized, the meet up was kind of come if you can thing,good weather and plenty of places to shoot was Pers invitation.

Mike

Fast Frankie
20-Oct-2011, 18:52
Yes, there are plans in the works to continue the get togethers. Matt and Jim and myself will be working on them. VERY tentative date is the first weekend in March. Details to follow.:)

Jim Fitzgerald
20-Oct-2011, 19:31
Frank, thanks for catching this. Yes, we will have a tribute to our friend at JT in 2012. We will get detail out once we get through the holiday period and figure out the best dates. A bigggggg bonfire is in order!

BTW, Frank, Matt and I will have it very well organized so do not worry about that.

Vaughn
20-Oct-2011, 20:08
I only met Per once, never made it to one of the Joshua Tree gatherings, but I think Per would agree that it is never too late to start -- I'll try to be there...boys in high school permitting!

Vaughn

Curt
20-Oct-2011, 22:57
Yes, there are plans in the works to continue the get togethers. Matt and Jim and myself will be working on them. VERY tentative date is the first weekend in March. Details to follow.:)

When I saw that date my jaw dropped. On the first weekend of March, the 4th, well it's my 40th wedding anniversary.

Oh, honey, I'll be in the southwest that day having fun with the guys and gals.

Michael Clark
21-Oct-2011, 06:09
I wood not say that Curt,not on you forty wed anniversary.

Jim Fitzgerald
21-Oct-2011, 06:22
Let's be cool guys. It is too early to worry about the date but we will keep this in mind. No matter what date we decide it will cause a problem for someone. Such is life.

Tori Nelson
21-Oct-2011, 08:10
Don't forget to check with Diwan! Frank, I'm pretty sure he talked to you in Santa Fe about the special thing he's doing that will be taken care of in Joshua Tree. If you weren't in on that talk, let me know and I'll fill you in, or check with Diwan.

Joseph Dickerson
21-Oct-2011, 08:16
Kewl! I was sure someone would have something in the works.

I hope it happens on a weekend I can make it.

Did one Mono Lake/Bodie gathering, a fantastic week. Ann and our Great Pyrenees, Mindy Sue, attended as observers. Everyone made us all feel like part of the family.

We live in Solvang so Per immediately bonded and had us looking up Danes who had moved to Solvang from Bodie.;)

Please add me to whatever notification list there is. I know that Robert Oliver will also like to be there if he can.

JD

Jim Fitzgerald
21-Oct-2011, 08:41
JD this has always been a weekend gig. We go out and get brutalized by mother nature and bond with a lot of good friends. it will come together in time.

Curt
21-Oct-2011, 20:44
Let's be cool guys. It is too early to worry about the date but we will keep this in mind. No matter what date we decide it will cause a problem for someone. Such is life.

Now you all know the compromises that have to be made in the business of contractual marriage. There is a solution, negotiate.

Tori Nelson
21-Oct-2011, 23:37
Hey Joe, I remember you and Ann and Mindy Sue. Your van was the envy for quite a few of us, Per included! It would be great to see you guys again

Joseph Dickerson
22-Oct-2011, 08:52
Tori,

That was a great week! Hope this all comes together. Also wish I could have done more of Per's gatherings.

We did a 13,000 mile trip last year to Nova Scotia, New England for fall color and down the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The van is truly awesome. When we got home Ann and I were still talking to each other and neither of us had kicked Mindy Sue...signs of a successful trip. :D

JD