PDA

View Full Version : large format photo conference

steve simmons
18-Sep-2003, 11:22
We have gotten many questions about the 2004 large format photo conference. It will be in Monterey, CA April 23-25. The trade show will be free to anyone who shows up.

steve simmons

John Kasaian
18-Sep-2003, 14:20
Hot Dog! Count me there!

Don Bryant
19-Sep-2003, 12:59
Steve,

It would be nice if you could have these on the East coast sometime.

Don Bryant

Michael Kadillak
19-Sep-2003, 14:01
Thanks Steve. I would graciously offer some suggestions that I feel would make the 2004 conference highly successful and attract the largest numbers of participants:

A well know keynote speaker to kick off the event.

Plenty of seminars set up to not overlap significantly.

One and only one agenda for the event.

As much diversity in trade show and presenter participants - the more the merrier. I cannot tell you how many folks I have communicated with that said they were simply NOT INVITED?

In other words, emulate as closely the 2002 Albuquerque experience.

Just my two cents. Cheers!

steve simmons
20-Sep-2003, 19:49
As much diversity in trade show and presenter participants - the more the merrier. I cannot tell you how many folks I have communicated with that said they were simply NOT INVITED? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am not sure what the above means.

Anyway, we will have larger program next year including studio tours, field trips, and portfolio reviews.

I am very open to ideas about seminars, reviewers, field trip ideas, etc.

steve simmons

PS

in 2006 we will try and go east of the Mississippi. I just do not have the conections back there. I did try to find a place for 2004 w/o any luck. Any suggestions?

steve

Peter Galea
20-Sep-2003, 21:06
Count me in too. When is registration?

jantman
22-Sep-2003, 16:40
Unfortunately, being a high school student stuck on the East coast, I can't make it. I don't have off then, and taking four days plus raising the money to fly there is out of the question. Heck, it'd be cheaper to go out and get that Hypergon.

If you posed the question to those of us on the East coast, I'm sure we could find a place. I'm not sure if he's active on this board, but try asking David Goldfarb in NYC. We made a failed attempt at forming a group of East Coast LF'ers earlier in the year.