PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sydney Australia

amandalim
16-Oct-2011, 00:15
Hi there!

I learnt photography from a canon 400d, kept upgrading my digital gear but I was never satisfied.. The results seemed so distant from reality. I recently fell in love with polaroid and vintage lenses and starting on a toyo 45A.

Love to learn more about large format so you'll see me lurking about

munz6869
16-Oct-2011, 00:59
Welcome, from the deep south (though not as south as Hobart)!

Marc!

cosmicexplosion
16-Oct-2011, 02:07
hey welcome aboard the the mad-ship going every where!

i am also a fellow sydney cider, so you never know, i could end up shooting you!

i am just about to open a studio in williams street near kings cross, dedicated to wet plate and analog photography, you are welcome to swing by and say hello!

andrew

Michael Wynd
16-Oct-2011, 06:11
Welcome from Canberra
Mike

Richard K.
16-Oct-2011, 06:15
i could end up shooting you!

Um...:eek:

i am just about to open a studio in williams street near kings cross, dedicated to wet plate and analog photography, you are welcome to swing by and say hello!

andrew

As if I didn't have enough reasons to revisit Australia!:)

amandalim
16-Oct-2011, 06:44
thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

(I think I'm much better behind the lens) :)

Andrew O'Neill
16-Oct-2011, 08:32
Welcome to large format photography and this forum!

Tom J McDonald
16-Oct-2011, 15:30
hey welcome aboard the the mad-ship going every where!

i am also a fellow sydney cider, so you never know, i could end up shooting you!

andrew

Eliminate the competition... That's one way to make a success of yourself.

amandalim
16-Oct-2011, 19:58
i have a question... are there any 4x5 supplies here? I'm looking for a lens wrench, called van bar and their sydney store is out of stock..

zachary12
16-Oct-2011, 20:46
Mainline (http://www.mainlinephoto.com.au/) in Crows Nest possibly?

Welcome anyway, I'm new too :)

Cheers,
Zach

amandalim
16-Oct-2011, 20:51
thanks for the quick reply! ecs kindly offered to change my lens board for me. :)

Andrew
27-Oct-2011, 12:40
I'm looking for a lens wrench, called van bar and their sydney store is out of stock..

plenty of cheap wrenches on ebay but if you want a really good one order a wrench direct from SK Grimes in the US.
They're really good value and the exchange rates are sooooo good right now you'll never get a better op

Geoffsco
29-Oct-2011, 19:12
Welcome, I recently bought a Linos lens wrench from the View Camera store, cost about $20 and works fine for me!

dperez
31-Oct-2011, 09:43
Welcome to the forum. It's a great place for information, so don't hesitate to search the archives and/or ask a question.

-DP