PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Camano Is. Wa. USA

stephen leblanc
15-Oct-2011, 11:10
Hi
Gust got a used a calumet mono rail after looking at LF for a few years. Went from 35film to digital and back but wanted to try out LF for a long time and with them going cheap I gave it a shot. Now looking to develop my film my self looks to be cheaper than sending the film out.
I still use digital Nikon D80 for trips on my moto bike as it is gust to easy to use to give up.

Brian C. Miller
24-Oct-2011, 15:48
Hi, Stephen! Welcome to the forum. I take a Graflex Super Graphic (i.e., field camera) with me on my bicycle in a bag. If you want something very packable, look at the folding field cameras.

Developing B&W yourself is easy, and if you don't have a darkroom, or a room that can be darkened, then there are a number of daylight solutions for that. Locally, Panda Labs (http://www.pandalab.com/) will develop B&W sheet film, but they aren't yet offering a color service. Myself, I use a Jobo system in my bathroom.

dperez
31-Oct-2011, 09:49
Welcome to the forum Stephen. You can also use your D80 as a light meter for your large format exposures. Once you look at your negatives/transparencies on a light table you won't regret moving to the dark side. Good luck!

-DP

Heroique
31-Oct-2011, 10:22
Hi Stephen,

Looking forward to hearing about your new efforts – and seeing them if you decide to scan your film and share. We could use some more stormy beaches & rainy forests from coastal Washington, to help balance all the sunny granite we see from California!

Andrew O'Neill
6-Nov-2011, 09:44
Welcome, Steven. After you start using your LF camera, the digital thingy will become your "fun" camera. ;)