PDA

View Full Version : New Arca Swiss camera?

Ben Calwell
16-Sep-2003, 11:30
Does anyone have any new information on when the new Arca Swiss field camera will be available? At the Badger site, it says it will be available sometime this summer, but summer is almost over. I keep checking, but still nothing new. It looks quite unusual in the photo at Badger. Whenever it does hit the market, I'm sure it will cost a fortune.

Brian Kennedy
16-Sep-2003, 11:48
Ben, Robert White's page (http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/ArcaSwiss.htm) has a price for the leather case version, but I'm not sure that means it's available yet. Based on his description, it might not be. His pricing puts it right around $3300US.

Ed Candland
16-Sep-2003, 13:00
I would have thought that these would be lower in price considering they don't have back movements. Or is that not the case?

Spencer Cliss
18-Sep-2003, 10:34
My son, the misura will be available when it will be available.

The brochure for the misura is currently in the eternal "arriving next month" state. And that likely means that the camera is in the eternal "arriving next month + 3 months" state.

My guess, which is as good as anyone's, is that the misura will be available for the "people have lots of money in January after the holidays" season.

(Insert smileys where appropriate).

Paul Levin
21-Sep-2003, 13:15
Ah good ol' Arca Swiss. I bought a Discovery a few years back and was told it would arrive in 2 weeks, 4 months later it arrived. Two years ago at the Photo Expo in NYC Arca representatives told me their website would be up in a matter of weeks, none exists to date. These people make wonderful cameras, just don't believe a word they say when giving you ETAs. Waiting for a new model? Not a good idea if you're elderly or of failing health.

Jorge Gasteazoro
21-Sep-2003, 17:21
Seems like a cool idea. Cant tell in the picture, but I hope those flaps are removable or the camera will be the most likely candidate to behave like the flying nun.....