PDA

View Full Version : Quick release plate for KMV

wiggywag
5-Oct-2011, 11:00
I need a quick release plate (arca swiss style) for my 8x10 Kodak Master View. It needs a 1/4" screw that is long enough to tighten in the deep Base that this camera has.

Any experience/suggestion?

Thanks,
Stig

Daniel Stone
5-Oct-2011, 15:12
I'd get one from the same manufacturer as your head or q/r plate. They should have their machining dimensions set so THEIR plate fits snugly in THEIR head or w/r plate. "Arca" style plates are kind of a universal style. Unfortunately, not all plates fit in competing brands heads or q/r plates snugly. I'm speaking from 1st hand experience here :). Mfg tolerances from company to company can vary a good bit. Buy your camera plates from the head manufacturer. If for some reason it doesn't work right, or doesn't fit, you can tell them you have THEIR head and THEIR plate ;).

-Dan

john biskupski
5-Oct-2011, 23:11
Berlebach advertise a 'longer' 1/4" screw available for their plates, which are also Arca-Swiss compatible. A screw-tightening QR system probably permits some variation in plate sizing tolerance between different manufacturers. If you have the instant lever or 'fliplock' QR, then best to stick to Dan's advice above.

wiggywag
6-Oct-2011, 07:01
Berlebach advertise a 'longer' 1/4" screw available for their plates, which are also Arca-Swiss compatible. A screw-tightening QR system probably permits some variation in plate sizing tolerance between different manufacturers. If you have the instant lever or 'fliplock' QR, then best to stick to Dan's advice above.

Do you have a link? Couldn't find it on their website.

john biskupski
6-Oct-2011, 14:28
Nope, I don't see it there either now, sorry about that. I researched the hell out of various tripods and heads some months back before deciding on the Berlebach, and I recall that reference which was memorable because unusual. If I find it again, I'll let you know.

wiggywag
7-Oct-2011, 03:35
Nope, I don't see it there either now, sorry about that. I researched the hell out of various tripods and heads some months back before deciding on the Berlebach, and I recall that reference which was memorable because unusual. If I find it again, I'll let you know.

Are you happy about your Berlebach? Which model did you choose for what format? Why did you not choose Reis? Just curious, Im looking for a wood tripod myself.