PDA

View Full Version : Hello from around Paris, France

Carnacki
5-Oct-2011, 08:10
Hello everybody,

I'm one of these strange fellows who usually lug a around a whole monorail in a backpack, not out of masochism, but because it's really the best thing for architecture (I've also got a small technical camera in 6x9, which I love, but adjusting the tilt on a Super Angulon on the diminutive ground glass is an anticipation of purgatory on earth !)

I love exploring old factories, abandoned places where nature is taking hold again, and all of it in glorious black & white.

In 35 years of practice, I've accumulated a collection of bad pics and assorted cameras, for which I don't apologize : incompetence doesn't prevent from being in love ! ;)

I'm leaving in Vincennes, a small town on the outskirts of Paris, not a suburb, rather more like a provincial town with it's quality of life preserved 10" away from the centre of the capital...

I don't post much, I read a lot, and I would like to thank you all in advance, for I'm pretty sure that even an old git like me still has plenty to learn !:D

Dave Wooten
5-Oct-2011, 10:15
Hello and welcome from Nevada

Richard K.
5-Oct-2011, 12:35
..... I'm pretty sure that even an old git like me still has plenty to learn !:D

I have certainly found that to be the case for myself...:D

cédric friggeri
5-Oct-2011, 15:10
cool an other french 4x5 :)

Emmanuel BIGLER
6-Oct-2011, 06:57
cool an other french 4x5
In the 1970s', maths teachers in France often asked at the beginning of an exercise in 'modern maths'
'Question#1 : prove that the ensemble is non-empty'

eddie
13-Oct-2011, 11:20
welcome from NY.

be back in paris in june....:)

Laurent L
8-Nov-2011, 11:05
We are a bunch of french people around here...

And a lot of us from the east area (Besançon, Dijon, Montbeliard(that's me)...

nice, indeed... ^^

dperez
15-Nov-2011, 13:27
Welcome to the forum from Southern California.

-Daniel

Renato Tonelli
15-Nov-2011, 14:18
Welcome from NY, NY.

Andrew O'Neill
15-Nov-2011, 19:10
It wouldn't be fun if you weren't still learning. Welcome to the forum!

andrew

LaurentB
16-Nov-2011, 01:01
Bienvenue !!

I'm in the center of France, near Orléans