PDA

View Full Version : Next Cycle for the Ilford Special Order?

Michael Kadillak
2-Oct-2011, 17:16
Anyone know when Ilford is going to do the next ULF special order for sheet film? Is it in the spring or sooner?

At this point I think that the next order with them is going to be a large one....

Cheers!

Richard K.
2-Oct-2011, 17:46
At this point I think that the next order with them is going to be a large one....

For you personally, Michael, or have you been privy to an imminent film armageddon brewing? :eek:

Sal Santamaura
2-Oct-2011, 17:46
If past is prologue, it will be announced in mid-April, require orders to be placed by late June and fulfillment will be complete around the end of September.

Depending on the size(s) you need, some dealers may have ordered extra and keep it in stock. Otherwise, unless Kodak does cease operations soon and Ilford decides to open a special order window sooner, those freezers you've filled will have to feed your cameras for another year. :eek:

Oren Grad
2-Oct-2011, 17:48
For the last several years they've taken orders roughly May-mid June for production over the summer and delivery in September.

If you're intending to place a very large order and you have a pressing need, you might inquire with one of the dealers as to whether Harman would be willing to do a special cut off-cycle, and if so what the minimum would be. I'm sure that if they'll do it at all it would have to be at least several thousand dollars' worth, but perhaps not the impractical $15K or so that Kodak has been asking.

Michael Kadillak
2-Oct-2011, 18:20
For you personally, Michael, or have you been privy to an imminent film armageddon brewing? :eek:

No Richard, I am purposefully staying clear of the inside track with the sheet film industry for very self serving reasons. A 20 ft3 chest freezer filled with sheet film is a good initial step for me as I just don't want or need the stress of things such as these that we as photographers have absolutely no control over. I am just being proactive and getting my ducks in a row. Considering the investment that many of us on this forum have in analog equipment, I just want to make sure that I let those that are still committed to making film know that I am alive and committed to acquiring their products in large quantities. Call me a wimp, but I do not want to coat plates unless I have absolutely no alternatives.

Richard K.
2-Oct-2011, 18:25
Good answer Michael. I'd like to be able to afford a life-time's worth! :)
Gulp...maybe I can...:eek:

Joe Smigiel
2-Oct-2011, 19:13
Wimp.

Curt
2-Oct-2011, 19:38
Twice a year might be perfect marketing right now.

cdholden
2-Oct-2011, 20:37
I'd like to be able to afford a life-time's worth! :)

Depending on how much you buy, your wife might make that span of time shorter than you had planned.

Michael Kadillak
2-Oct-2011, 20:37
Good answer Michael. I'd like to be able to afford a life-time's worth! :)
Gulp...maybe I can...:eek:

Bit off small pieces as often as you can and keep taking that marvelous Ebony out for a suntan eh?

Jeff Graves
9-Oct-2011, 06:40
Don't forget to leave room in the freezer for elk steaks!;)

Michael Cienfuegos
9-Oct-2011, 08:12
Don't forget to leave room in the freezer for elk steaks!;)

YOu put FOOD in your film freezer? :eek:

Michael Kadillak
9-Oct-2011, 16:09
YOu put FOOD in your film freezer? :eek:

Actually, no. I have a 23 ft3 chest freezer for the sheet film and a 19 ft3 stand up freezer for the elk meat. Works just fine as I have plenty of room for each.

Sal Santamaura
18-Oct-2011, 13:04
Announcement made today:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/97332-2012-ulf-film-production.html

Daniel Stone
18-Oct-2011, 20:36
wow, even for a 1box order of a certain odd size, that's pretty generous!

-Dan

Michael Kadillak
19-Oct-2011, 19:40
Marvelous - simply marvelous.