PDA

View Full Version : From Prince George, BC, Canada

moltogordo
1-Oct-2011, 23:34
Greetings!

I'm a professional violinist/composer/conductor, and photography has been an adjunct to my career since I was 12. I'm 60 now, so that's a while. I also hunt and fish, and of course a camera is always present.

My principal film weapons were a Nikon F3, and a Mamiya C330, but as I used medium format more and more, and then bought a Calumet view, I gravitated to lighter 35mm equipment, finally settling on OM1. I used 4x5 intermittently, but the results were always sensational.

I now shoot mostly digital (Pentax), but have a Pentax MX, my faithful C330, and am now the proud possessor of a very nice Linhof Kardan, with two lenses, the stock Linhof 150mm f4.5 and the Schneider 90mm shown here:

http://www.pbase.com/moltogordo/image/134786979.jpg

I thought I'd get back into film after five years of digital, and thought I'd concentrate on 4x5, which I never really utilized to fullest extent. So here I am.

I'm pretty good in the darkroom, so I thought the large format would be a great adjunct to my digital stuff. I belong to several other photography forums as well, but I'm not there as much as I used to be because I'm currently in a competitive airgun mode. I go in phases!:D

I also thought that I'd make good contacts here for the repair and reconditioning of older lenses and cameras, of which I have a nice collection. So I'll be here from time to time. Looking forward to sharing and contributing.

Gord Lucas

jwaddison
2-Oct-2011, 08:42
Welcome Gord,
I'm a neighbour to the south (near Salmon Arm) and have spent a lot of time in PG over the years. There are some nice photo opportunities around there, if one doesn't get stuck finding them!

Andrew O'Neill
2-Oct-2011, 18:31
Hi Gord, welcome to the best forum on the net. My step-dad is from Prince George. The furthest North I've been is Quesnel. I love that whole area between Churn Creek and Sheep Range Provincial Park. Planning on heading up to Farewell Canyon at the end of this month.

andrew

lbenac
2-Oct-2011, 18:44
Hey Lucas, a welcome from another Canuck and glad to know that you are back to 4x5. It is well worth it. I now find 6x6 too small :-) and I am in the process of selling all or almost my 35mm Pentax gear that I used to love so much.

Cheers,

Luc

redrockcoulee
15-Oct-2011, 11:57
It was during the 4 years we lived in Prince George )77-81) that I first started shooting medium format. Welcome and enjoy yourself here, at least there is no pulp mill smell on the forum.

bob carnie
15-Oct-2011, 12:23
I lived in Prince George as well, 70 or 71 , I worked for a local sawmill piling the 2x4's and also night shift for awhile for BC Rail, my job was oiling the brakes.
Lucky that year there were no accidents.

A tough community , but heart of gold community, I have very fond memorys of Prince George and its people.

It was during the 4 years we lived in Prince George )77-81) that I first started shooting medium format. Welcome and enjoy yourself here, at least there is no pulp mill smell on the forum.