PDA

View Full Version : Plus-X 5x7 and PMK

false_Aesthetic
1-Oct-2011, 09:34
Hey,

So I was gifted a box of 5x7 Plus-X. Sealed and freezer kept for 18 years.

My few test exposures were rated at 64 and developed in F67+. They don't look too shabby (obviously there's added b+f).

I'm interested in dropping the stuff in PMK. A few searches give me a time of 9-10min. Do I need to/should I up the dev. time because the film is old? 15% maybe?

Obviously there will be a few tests but I figured ya'll might have a "rule of thumb" or somethin.

Thanks

Allen in Montreal
2-Oct-2011, 19:52
Funny enough, I am shooting some 18 year old Plus-x right now too.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=80166&highlight=plus-x

I just checked Gordon's 1991 version of the Pyro book and there was no reference to Plus-x.

In my test sheets, I used Acufine (at 320) and HC-110 (at 120) and found them to be very close to bang on (my film was frozen since day 1 also).

Let us know how the PMK goes, maybe I will try a few of the remaining sheets in PMK too. :)

false_Aesthetic
2-Oct-2011, 20:18
Hey,

Shot Plus-X @ 64 and developed it at 9 min and 10 min in PMK. It looks real nice but there's definitely added fog. I'm scanning so that shouldn't be that big of a problem. We'll see though. Try to scan them tomorrow when I get back into the darkroom.