PDA

View Full Version : Aloha From Hawaii

austophoto
27-Sep-2011, 12:55
A good friend of mine here recommended me to start in on the forum. I just graduated from University of Hawaii with a BFA in Photography and this forum looks like a great resource.

My LF tools include:
Speed Graphic pacemaker w/Aero Ektar 178mm 2.5
Crown Graphic w/ Fujinon 125 4.5
Calumet View Camera with Nikkor 210, and 90mm

Here is a set of images i did using 4x5 negative recovery from fuji fp-100c 45 film.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/austinlarson/sets/72157626368721305/

The Aero Ektar is my current project as i dive into super fast radioactive realm.

Would love to talk with anyone about LF photography as i'm always open to learn about new and alternate processes and techniques.

Mahalo,

Austo

goamules
28-Sep-2011, 11:16
Aloha,
Nice looking pictures, very old looking! Just keep checking this board and ask an occasional question and you'll get people talking! I lived on Oahu for 5 years....

Garrett

cosseboom
28-Sep-2011, 15:34
Hey Austo -

Good to see you on here. I broke down and got a Jolo lens board. I tried making one but I was always worried the lens would fall off.

Joel

Mike Anderson
28-Sep-2011, 16:32
Hey nice shot of Rabbit Island (from Makapu'u). I used to sail around there a long time ago (Kailua High class of '77).

Welcome to the forum.

...Mike

Alan Curtis
28-Sep-2011, 17:44
Aloha
Welcome to our group. I'm also a UH graduate 1971 MS entomology.
Mahalo

Michael Cienfuegos
2-Oct-2011, 23:41
Glad to see a few other Pacemaker/Aero-Ektar users on board. I too have a Jo-Lo lens board. I tried, was sure it was going to hit the deck when it came loose, just glad I was able to catch that lens, I can't afford to buy another one, they have suddenly become outrageously expensive. I was on Oahu once, but we were in transit to Viet Nam, so it really doesn't count. Now that I'm retired I might just get a chance.