PDA

View Full Version : Adox 25 question

false_Aesthetic
26-Sep-2011, 20:38
I just re-discovered a box of Adox 25 in my freezer and decided to bust it out.

When I shot it more often I rated it at 12 and developed in PMK. But since I shot it on a whim I decided to use whatever the students at school use (Clayton F76+ aka Arista Premium).

When shooting I popped on a red 25 filter . . . again on a whim.

I processed the film for 5' with constant agitation. My negs are thin (maybe 1.5 stops or so.)

I checked my notes and confirmed that I adjusted my exposure for the filter.

As I thought about it today I remembered that the film isn't really too sensitive to red light. Am I mistaken in thinking that this combo (Red 25 and Adox 25) is going to add to the filter factor? So instead of requiring 2 stops of adjustment it might take 3.5 or 4?

Thanks

Nathan Potter
26-Sep-2011, 21:18
Wow! I always thought it was pretty nice film. I used it in Malta and would buy it at a photo store in Bengazi, Libya in 1959. Developed it under trying conditions at the British airbase at Halfar Malta. D-76 at 1 to 3 as I recall. I shot at rated speed (25). Develop time I do not have notes or memory but I just glanced at some 35mm negs and see the density is pretty high for what I would like now (above log 2.5 I would estimate).
I'm probably of little help on this now.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

false_Aesthetic
26-Sep-2011, 21:49
Nate, I totally dig the film. Just got unexpected results this time around.

w0rd

IanG
27-Sep-2011, 00:26
Strange, I shoot Adox 25 and have always rated it at 50 EI and same process times as Tmax100 in Rodinal/Xtol & now Pyrocat. In the UK the films were rebadged at a stop faster and sold by the major chain - as Jessops B&W films.

The 25 refers to the film speed in Tungsten light, the Adox/EFKE speed for daylight is 40EI.

Yes it has reduced Red sensitivity it's not fully Panchromatic so a Red filter needs significantly great exposure factor than a normal B&W film, can't help on this as the only filter I ever use is a Green one.

Ideally you need to run some quick tests, but EFKE films shouldn't be over exposed.

Ian

Vaughn
27-Sep-2011, 07:19
Ideally you need to run some quick tests, but EFKE films shouldn't be over exposed.

Ian

This probably means there is no hope at all for the sheet of 11x14 Efke100 I exposed at f9 instead of f90 (30 minute exposure) last Saturday...:o

Jim Noel
27-Sep-2011, 07:55
With a red filter,the factor is most likely 8, not 2. n other words it needs three stops more light.

Jim Fitzgerald
27-Sep-2011, 07:59
This probably means there is no hope at all for the sheet of 11x14 Efke100 I exposed at f9 instead of f90 (30 minute exposure) last Saturday...:o

Here I thought I was the only one who did that!

Vaughn
27-Sep-2011, 08:09
Here I thought I was the only one who did that!

LOL! I do not think reciprocity failure will save me on this one...LOL!