PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Norma 8x10" bellows - interchangeable with P bellows?

mgeiss
26-Sep-2011, 06:37
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting an 8x10" Norma back for my F2. There seems to be some confusion whether or not the tapered bellows for the non metering 8x10" P will also fit the Norma?

I read that the connection between bellows and back was slightly changed, but I didn't find any info about if/how that effects the functionality.

Jerry Flynn
26-Sep-2011, 07:20
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting an 8x10" Norma back for my F2. There seems to be some confusion whether or not the tapered bellows for the non metering 8x10" P will also fit the Norma?

I read that the connection between bellows and back was slightly changed, but I didn't find any info about if/how that effects the functionality.

Jerry Flynn
26-Sep-2011, 07:24
Matthias,

The non-meter bellows will fit.

However, check to see that you have enough front rise to center the lens on the format. The normal front may come up a bit short. Sinar made a "special" front standatrd for the f2 that had a longer and larger diameter set of posts to make the front work better with 8X10 f backs. The Norma may be slightly lower to the rail and may work better, I do not know.

mgeiss
26-Sep-2011, 07:39
Thanks Jerry!

The Norma may be slightly lower to the rail and may work better, I do not know.
Yes, that's the main reason why I'm looking for a Norma back. It requires nearly no front rise to center the lens in contrast to the P/P2 conversion back.