PDA

View Full Version : Cable release doesn't fit a Super Speed Graphic

cyrus
25-Sep-2011, 15:49
Anyone else had a problem getting their shutter release cable to fit their camera? All of my cable releases appear to be too large for my Super Speed Graphic. I thought these were supposed to be standard sized. :(

TheDeardorffGuy
25-Sep-2011, 16:22
Some "universal" (tapered) cable release's will not thread the hole which is a 5-44 thread. Find a release with a straight thread. It will be old. 5-44 was a "standard size" YEARS ago. Then the tapered showed up with the influx of SLRs

Anyone else had a problem getting their shutter release cable to fit their camera? All of my cable releases appear to be too large for my Super Speed Graphic. I thought these were supposed to be standard sized. :(

BrianShaw
25-Sep-2011, 16:27

I use a regular, bought-off-the-rack, modern, tapered cable release with mine (Graphex shutter). Are you using the 1000 shutter? If so, that might be different.

cyrus
25-Sep-2011, 21:51
:mad: *#*(#&#$)#&!!!!! cable releases! Now here's something other I have to hunt around for because apparently they made tapered-to-straight threaded cable release adapters at some point but heck if you can find one, or a plain ordinary straight thread cable release!

banjo
25-Sep-2011, 23:01
now on my Super Speed Graphic a cable release's wont work you use the red botten
it takes batterys!!!

unixrevolution
26-Sep-2011, 08:01
now on my Super Speed Graphic a cable release's wont work you use the red botten
it takes batterys!!!

The red shutter release button on Super and Super Speed Graphics relies on the batteries that go in the top-right of the camera. They are a pair of 412-cell 22.5v batteries :eek:

Greg Lockrey
26-Sep-2011, 08:15
:mad: *#*(#&#$)#&!!!!! cable releases! Now here's something other I have to hunt around for because apparently they made tapered-to-straight threaded cable release adapters at some point but heck if you can find one, or a plain ordinary straight thread cable release!

LOL.... at one time Leica and Rollie's had different cable releases and flash hook ups....

amac212
26-Sep-2011, 11:27
I thought that I'd read somewhere that though the tapered releases don't screw in completely into the thread, they will still work. The key is to get a cable release with a long throw in order to fully depress that camera release. I have to use a Gepe Pro with my Speed Graphic. Works great.