PDA

View Full Version : Fotoman 45 SPS with 40mm Vertical Shift

Fotoman_weiwei
21-Sep-2011, 20:13
Hi~Any pro opinions,suggestions or questions about this new-born 45 camera (Shift Point Shoot) will be more than welcome! We really appreciate & always happy to share ! Cheers

Weiwei

dingoman
22-Sep-2011, 04:35
Wow!
Looks terrific...
Is it Fotoman Company alive?
Give us some more details about this camera, please.

Noah A
22-Sep-2011, 04:41
Does the new camera provide the 40mm of shift with all focal lengths?

Fotoman_weiwei
22-Sep-2011, 19:25
Does the new camera provide the 40mm of shift with all focal lengths?
Yes but the image circle should be able to cover the whole field of view. Cheers

Fotoman_weiwei
22-Sep-2011, 19:39
Wow!
Looks terrific...
Is it Fotoman Company alive?
Give us some more details about this camera, please.

oh HI~ YES ! Fotoman is still alive & kicking .I am very glad that you like this 45SPS.You can reach us at fotomancamera@yahoo.com.cn so that I can send you more detailed information along with the quotation sheet via email.

Daniel Stone
23-Sep-2011, 22:47
From what I see in the pictures, the back doesn't look like it rotates though. So perspective control(rise/fall) might not be available on vertical shots, but side-->side shift would be...

Or am I wrong(hopefully I am)

-Dan

Noah A
24-Sep-2011, 09:40
Yes, it looks like the back doesn't rotate, and if that's the case, it (sorry) renders this thing pretty much useless. If the rise only works in one direction it's not much of an improvement over the old Fotoman versions.

Also in my haste I was thinking that 40mm of rise would be enough so I could use this for most of my work. But now that I look more closely I see it's 20mm of rise + 20mm of fall, which isn't enough for me at least.

Fotoman_weiwei
25-Sep-2011, 20:39
Well folks ..thanks for the thoughts & comments~ The new 45 does support vertical shift ,20mm rise /20mm fall ,which would be available for use of most lenses in terms of image circle & field of view. We come up with such a hand-held 45 with shift in hoping that it would be more handy & practical to certain extent.Although hmm...We may consider adding more shift if that demand is out loud enough there . Cheers

Weiwei

Daniel Stone
25-Sep-2011, 21:25
a rotating back would be a big plus too :)

-Dan

Noah A
26-Sep-2011, 06:40
I agree Daniel. I know the unique Fotoman film back design is what allows the camera to be relatively small. But I wouldn't buy such a camera without a rotating back. A graflok back (or something that would allow interchangeable rollfilm and digital backs/adaptors) would also be a big plus.

Fotoman_weiwei
28-Sep-2011, 23:59
Hi ...I know what you guys are talking about but this 45SPS is just a fast-shot camera with shift ,far from technical camera such as Dmax ,

CAMERA NAME
Fotoman Dmax

CAMERA TYPE
Multi-format film/digital cameras system

FORMATS
6X12, 6X9, 6X8, 6X7, 6X6, 6X4.5

MATERIAL
6061T Aluminium Alloy

FOCUSING
Helical Focus Mount or Optical Ground Glass

OPTICAL VIEWFINDER
120 degree with interchangeable masks

CAMERA BACK
Interchangeable Adapter

USABLEFILM HOLDERS
Horseman 6X7, 6X9, 6X12

Mamiya RZ645, RB67, RZ68

DIGITAL HOLDERS
Hasselblad, Phase one, Leaf, Mamiya

USABLE LENSES
38XL,45,47,55,58XL,65,72XL,75,80,90,135,150,180,210,300

LENS MOUNT
Current Fotoman612 and Fotoman69 Cone Assembly

(Copal 0#,Copal 1#)

SHIFT(MOVEMENT)
Vertical 40mm(20mm),Horizontal 50mm(25mm).

WEIGHT
680g (no back and Cone Assembly)

DIMENSIONS
190x140x23mm

The price just for camera body with Dual-Axis Bubble Level. other accessories not be included.

Jeffrey Hartanto
20-Dec-2011, 00:42
For all fotoman related news and discussion, please open the thread below :
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=84496&highlight=fotoman

viablex1
28-Dec-2011, 13:42
Hopefully the shift mechanism works much better than the Dmax that I ordered back in april of this year, you can tighten the brass thumb screws but it still shifts up and down.

matto

salvaLF
15-Oct-2012, 01:33
Fotoman Professional

www.fotoman.cc

aporodagon
21-Oct-2012, 12:56
So, it's a medium format camera??

salvaLF
22-Oct-2012, 02:55
So, it's a medium format camera??

4”x5” or 6x12cm; 6x9cm or according to CCD sensor size.

Simon Liddiard
1-Nov-2012, 15:10
I'm very interested in Fotoman, particularly the 45sps. Regarding a rotating back, my Horseman L45PRO has the ability to rotate the back.

Sliding tabs positioned north and south on the standard secure the sprung frame containing the GG. The sprung GG component is secured by two locking arms that catch on stainless steel rods in the frame. Is this sprung component containing the GG what is referred to as a graflok back, or is it simply the sliding tabs that are attached to the standard?

Either way, the same mechanisms seem to be present on the Fotoman 45SPS. Why would this same manoeuvre not be possible? Fotoman_weiwei perhaps you could help explain further?

Kind regards,

Simon

Simon Liddiard
1-Nov-2012, 15:17
repeat post, sorry:o

Frank Petronio
1-Nov-2012, 15:43
That is one freaking ugly logo there -- it's too chunky, large, not to mention that it's being used inconsistently.... if they hired a real graphic designer they could brand themselves better to achieve a higher profit margin and success. The cursive blocky type just reinforces the perception that it's a cheap Chinese knock-off. I know this may be perceived as a minor point to the engineers here, but nevertheless, it's important in the marketplace because the camera does seem to be a quality piece of equipment and it is not cheap at all.

Daria_FotoM
13-Dec-2012, 03:00
I'm very interested in Fotoman, particularly the 45sps. Regarding a rotating back, my Horseman L45PRO has the ability to rotate the back.

Sliding tabs positioned north and south on the standard secure the sprung frame containing the GG. The sprung GG component is secured by two locking arms that catch on stainless steel rods in the frame. Is this sprung component containing the GG what is referred to as a graflok back, or is it simply the sliding tabs that are attached to the standard?

Either way, the same mechanisms seem to be present on the Fotoman 45SPS. Why would this same manoeuvre not be possible? Fotoman_weiwei perhaps you could help explain further?

Kind regards,

Simon

Dear Simon,

I hope you don`t mind if I help you instead of Fotoman_weiwei :)
As for now Fotoman 45SPS doesn`t have this mechanisms. The configuration of the camera doen`t allow it because of the hot shoe and the tripod mount.
But the newer model of 45SPS has a graflock back.
The older 45sps, that wei-wei posted earlier, is half price now.

Daria_FotoM
13-Dec-2012, 03:06
I'm very interested in Fotoman, particularly the 45sps.

you can contact me at daria.maiboroda@fotoman.cc

Also we have a special promo now. During the Christmas holidays we are offering 15% discount for all cameras and accessories.

best,
Daria

tenderobject
15-Dec-2012, 19:25
hi daria!

sent you PM!

thanks!