PDA

View Full Version : StudioPhoto

Martin_Johansen
21-Sep-2011, 04:59
Hi, I am going to the studio later today shooting two persons, wide open, with a 150 mm. I want to go closer, so I need to make the bellow longer and therefore compensate with more light. I am shooting with a sinar, bw 400 iso. My question is, if I make the bellow 300 mm long, how much light do I need yo compensate? One f-stop, two? Thanks for all help, best regard Martin

William Whitaker
21-Sep-2011, 05:08
2 stops plus reciprocity, if applicable.

Jim Noel
21-Sep-2011, 06:49
If you use a 150mm lens at 300mm bellows extension your plane of focus (subjects) will also be 300mm in front of the lens and the image will be life size. I am not sure this is what you want to do to photograph 2 subjects.

Martin_Johansen
23-Sep-2011, 05:26
Hi, i really have troubles understanding this. if anyone can show me this in an easy way, please do.
But i shot the models seperatly, and here is the result

http://martinjohansen.no/wordpress/2...ays/217-sinar/

swmcl
5-Oct-2011, 01:22
If I may try to help...

Your extension will not be 300mm as stated previously unless you plan to take a photo of a small part of their bodies.

I'm not sure of the camera size but at 300mm on a 4x5 the part of the subject you will be photographing will be 4x5 inches in size.

I'd suggest you might be focussing at around 180mm extension or perhaps a little less.

May I also suggest a QuickDisk ?? Just download it, print it, and use it !