PDA

View Full Version : Batch scanning with v750/Silverfast: help needed

Uri A
19-Sep-2011, 00:53
Hi everybody,

Just fired up my new v750 and tried to navigate my way around Silverfast. For my for my first go I thought I'd batch scan some 35mm negs, but this software seriously has me beat! It is so utterly counterintuitive (to me)....

The 2 specific problems I am having are manipulating the colour and output size of the files. The colour looks OK in the prescan, but the files are terrible ... I tried fiddling w the settings, but they dont "stick". Same with the output size: I type in the parameters I want, but still the files come out tiny :mad:

I have read the manual, watched videos on YouTube, searched this forum .... does anyone have a lead for a website that explains how to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Collas
19-Sep-2011, 03:06
Each individual scanning "cell" for the negatives/positives needs to be altered to the settings you require. Altering one parameter in one cell isn't automatically copied across to the rest. Once set-up, the entire frame of twenty-four cells can be saved as a template for future work.

Nick

David Higgs
19-Sep-2011, 05:48
there might be an easier way....but I have yet to find it

I resize and colour correct each image individually adding them to the batch as I go, remembering to uncheck autocorrect, then scan at the end

I can't get the settings to stick either

don't want to upset you further but the Epson and 35mm aren't best matched...

Herb Cunningham
23-Sep-2011, 06:00
There is a pull down where you "apply to all frames". I have called the help number for silverfast, odd times as the dude is in Germany, very helpful guy named Arne, who patiently takes me through the process. I have a Microtek M1, and it handles 24 35mm frames at a time or 2 x 4x5's.