PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Fresno, Ca

mickeybphoto
17-Sep-2011, 13:29
Hi Everyone, My name is Mickey. It's been a few years since I have shot film anything but even longer since shooting large format film anything. I recently purchased a 4x5 Cambo view camera as I was looking to get back to basics and my roots. I have nothing against digital... but it's not film. I've been shooting for about 24 years now and have extensive darkroom hours logged. Because I hadn't shot film in so long, it's been years since Ive been in the dark as you can probably imagine. I miss it too. I figure no better way to do this than with large format. Anyway nice to meet everyone. If anyone is in the central valley or close to Fresno just shoot me a howdy. Maybe we are close.

Mick

David Karp
17-Sep-2011, 13:39
Welcome back and aboard!

Keep your eyes open around Fresno for a nice guy with a big Deardorff, or maybe a frozen turkey being used as a big pinhole camera!

Jay DeFehr
17-Sep-2011, 14:33
Welcome, Mick. I was born in Fresno and spent much of my youth in the SJV. I still miss water skiing on the King's River, and friends and family. I wish I'd made more photos while I was there.

Jon Shiu
17-Sep-2011, 15:11
Welcome! You are so lucky to be close to Yosemite. Here are a few pics I took when I lived nearby in Reedley.

Jon

mickeybphoto
17-Sep-2011, 15:57
Thanks guys for the welcome wagon. Im rather looking forward to using my 4x5 when it comes in. Just have to buy a few things first... namely a lens, the board, film holders, hood. I think thats about it for now. Except for the developing part...lol. I have alot to get brushed up on too. It's been a while. @ Jon... yep Yosimite is right on my back yard. @ Dave.. is that you with the Deardorff?

David Karp
17-Sep-2011, 16:06
Nope. A local name John, who I suspect will pop in to say hi when he sees this post! He has given me lots of good advice, most recently about Kings Canyon.

Mostly, I drive through Fresno on my way to Yosemite or Kings Canyon. We usually deposit some $ in a local gas station or other establishment.

mickeybphoto
17-Sep-2011, 17:37
Great Dave!! I will keep my eyes and ears open. I can always use some helpful advice for large format stuff. ??? John, you out there???