PDA

View Full Version : Deardorff Tripod mount question

Richard Raymond
15-Sep-2011, 05:37
I have picked up an older Non Front Swing Deardorff V8 and am slowly fixing it up. The tripod mount in the bed is 1/4 inch (attached by four screws from the inside of the bed .. there is no base plate) and I would like to upgrade this to 3/8 inch. When I am searching for this part where would I look and what is the name of this part?
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Ric

William Whitaker
15-Sep-2011, 06:03
Ric,

Talk to Barry Cochran at Deardorff. He's both very helpful and knowledgeable and has a lot of parts on hand. http://www.deardorffcameras.com/

Richard Raymond
15-Sep-2011, 06:18
Will,
Thanks. I appreciate the pointer.
Best regards,
Ric

TheDeardorffGuy
16-Sep-2011, 15:39
You would ask me.Ken

I have picked up an older Non Front Swing Deardorff V8 and am slowly fixing it up. The tripod mount in the bed is 1/4 inch (attached by four screws from the inside of the bed .. there is no base plate) and I would like to upgrade this to 3/8 inch. When I am searching for this part where would I look and what is the name of this part?
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Ric

atlcruiser
16-Sep-2011, 19:15
You would ask me.Ken

or Barry at Deardorff. Barry has all the needed parts in stock and he is one hell of a nice guy :)

Richard Raymond
17-Sep-2011, 01:08
Ken,
Thank you for your offer to help. Because of the condition of the camera I thought that the 1/4" bushing was a generic add-on part (along with the 6x8x1/4" stainless steel plate that was bolted to the bottom and which I have removed).

Regards,
Ric

E. von Hoegh
17-Sep-2011, 07:34
You might want to go back to a baseplate. The parquet beds on the older V8s sometines came unglued, and I think that tiny tripod thread insert might have had something to do with helping it along. Ken Hough is the one to ask.

When I restored my early FS V8, I added a baseplate but retained the original insert, indexing the threads in the baseplate so a long 1/4" bolt would thread through both.