PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest source for 4x5" color film in NYC

mgeiss
13-Sep-2011, 05:38
Hi all,

I'm going to take a trip to NYC in december and want to use this opportunity to stock up on 4x5" color films.
Which stores - besides B&H and Adorama - can you guys recommend for buying color sheet films? Are there stores with significantly lower prices than B&H (because I will visit their store anyway)?

Best regards,
Matthias

Renato Tonelli
13-Sep-2011, 05:58
The short answer is: No. You can also try Lens & Repro, Calumet, K&M Camera and Fotocare.

36cm2
13-Sep-2011, 06:05
Agree with Renato. When you visit, make sure to check store hours before you show up. B+H is closed friday afternoon and saturday. I think adorama is too. Calumet is closed sunday. A visit to B+H is an event in and of itself if you've never gone.

All the best,
Leo

mgeiss
13-Sep-2011, 06:21
Thanks guys!

I've never been to NYC before and I'm only there for a few days. A visit at B&H's is on the list anyway, so this woul be a great convenience.

amac212
14-Sep-2011, 04:18
Yes, if you are looking to buy in person rather than ordering online, go to B&H but don't expect to be popping in and out of there. :) Enjoy!

John NYC
14-Sep-2011, 04:43
I have to say that B&H is one of my most loathed places to shop in New York. When you actually have a problem, the customer service is awful. I shopped there for years, but I will not anymore.