PDA

View Full Version : Any way to acess all ViewCamera Journals in electronic format?

l2oBiN
10-Sep-2011, 11:55
The title says it all.

Greg Lockrey
10-Sep-2011, 13:35
Subscribe to the magazine and they will give you the "secret" code on the cover of every issue you get.

l2oBiN
10-Sep-2011, 14:58
I would like access to all the back issues...

IanG
10-Sep-2011, 15:21

They have enough problems getting current issues online, the editor is not very computer literate, so don't ask for miracles.

It's a good magazine but poorly run, I gave up on my online subscription because they just have no act together, every month I had to email for a new password.

The Editor's often online and posting here but he uses aliases :D

Ian

l2oBiN
10-Sep-2011, 15:25
Jeez.. That does not sound good...Surely they must have an electronic version prior to it being printed... I would have thought that they could offer a bundle download for all journals in a year say for the past 5 years with all issues before that being free?

IanG
10-Sep-2011, 15:33
Pigs will fly first :D

l2oBiN
10-Sep-2011, 16:42
So how are people supposed to track down an older issue?

jnantz
10-Sep-2011, 17:58
So how are people supposed to track down an older issue?

you might get lucky with someone giving them away or selling them when they are done
reading them ..
last january, i gave away 2-3 years worth for the price of the shipping ...

good luck !
john

Mark Sampson
10-Sep-2011, 19:16
I've been a subscriber since 1989, the year after they started. That was before 'desktop publishing', let alone the internet (or digital photography for that matter). Since VC seems to be a two-person organization, don't expect the old back issues to ever be available digitally. But you could contact them directly to find the answer to your question.

Leigh
10-Sep-2011, 20:06
Buy 'em, like everybody else.

- Leigh

l2oBiN
11-Sep-2011, 00:21
Buy 'em, like everybody else.

- Leigh

I don't think you can buy electronic versions past the current year..that is the problem..

John Powers
11-Sep-2011, 07:01
Buy paper like everybody else. If not here then on eBay.

John

amac212
14-Sep-2011, 04:41
I no longer subscribe because of delivery problems (I agree - good magazine, poorly run). While I was a subscriber, I had one time asked for a back issue. They never gave me the entire issue but xerox'd one of the articles that I was most interested in and mailed to me.

Jeremy Moore
14-Sep-2011, 08:34
Why not come up with a proposal to digitize the early editions and present it to Steve? He doesn't turn down solid suggestions that will help his business.

Hrm, I have a run of the earlier issues through 2002 - if Steve was on board with such a suggestion would anyone here be willing to donate any missing issues or later issues (up through the dates Steve would allow if the project were a go). Most likely your issues would NOT be returned as they would be disbound and ran through a sheet-fed scanner. The resultant issues would be presented online OCR'd in a full-text-searchable format through a major public university digital library system. I get a little leeway on suggesting/adding projects and this would be a rather small project for our department--plus my boss's boss is a 4x5 shooter :D

domaz
16-Sep-2011, 16:27
You would think there would be a library somewhere that would have these magazines at least in paper form- but I looked around here and haven't found any. Then again I grew up in an Internet age and really have no idea how to search for physical printed material anymore.