PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Lanovia C550

Brent Long
9-Sep-2011, 02:11
Hi! I'm sorta new here (been away for a long time . . .). I have come across a Lanovia here in Japan, but cannot tell if the dongle is included from the pictures. I don't know how to describe it to the seller who is just trying to liquidate the thing for some company. It has software included.

I was under the impression that there was no way to run one of these (c550) without an older Mac, and that it also had to be the one paired to it when originally sold. Now, with your comment, I'm not so sure. Can anyone give me some advice on what to ask pertaining to the dongle, and whether or not I could run this on a second-hand machine and not the original (preferably Linux, but an old Mac wouldn't be much trouble if it would work)?

felix5616
9-Sep-2011, 10:05
the dongle is about 5-6" long with a bulbous end. It has a serial number one it. the scaner will not run without the dongle. the scanner need a mac with OS 9 OR 9.2 to run. probally not supported any longer by fuji, if it isn't there are some independent service companies. The scanner produces outstanding results with a depth of field of 12mm. It weighs about 275lbs. make sure the seller has all the lock down pieces and locks it down correctly.

Brent Long
9-Sep-2011, 10:54
Thanks, Felix. So as long as I have some Mac with OS 9 or 9.2 (and dongle) it would work. Hmm. Interesting. Thanks for the comments about making sure it is locked down correctly, also.