PDA

View Full Version : Ebony 8x10 back compatible with other makes?

john wilton
7-Sep-2011, 21:58
I'm looking for an affordable way to put a 4x10 reducing back on my Ebony RW810 (a mahogany, lightweight, simplified folding type). Obviously an OEM back would be best, but very expensive. I'm guessing a used one might be hard to find. Does a Chamonix or Shen-Hao back come anywhere near fitting?

Jim Becia
8-Sep-2011, 05:49
I'm looking for an affordable way to put a 4x10 reducing back on my Ebony RW810 (a mahogany, lightweight, simplified folding type). Obviously an OEM back would be best, but very expensive. I'm guessing a used one might be hard to find. Does a Chamonix or Shen-Hao back come anywhere near fitting?

John,

I have an Ebony RW810 and was looking for a 4x10 back also. I bit the bullet and had Ebony make one for me. And you are right - expensive. Shen Hao makes an 8x10 modeled after the Ebony (HZX810), I don't know if the measurements are the same, but you might check with Jeff at Badger to see if a Shen Hao back might work or can be made to work. Jim

deadpan
8-Sep-2011, 15:03
Have you contacted Richard Ritter for a quote?

http://www.lg4mat.net/page4.html#5

John Koehrer
8-Sep-2011, 16:42
The only precision about making an adapter is the GG holder/spring back because of the "T" distance. GG to front of the back.
There are some in the classified now.
All the back is, is a stepped assembly with guides/stops on three sides and a groove for the holder.