PDA

View Full Version : Type 55 neg went black.

jonreid
4-Sep-2011, 03:06
Hi all,

It's been a while since I shot Type 55. I have a little under two boxes left and have been saving it for "something special".

I got a little worried that it may have become accidentally frozen in my film fridge (put some jelly in there recently and it was borderline frozen) so decided to test a sheet.

The print came out OK, quite flat in regards to contrast. The negative however I think was OK and after I peeled it I popped it into some water and left it for a few minutes. Then I went back and started to separate all the bit of paper and the metal thing and gently wipe goo off. I'm sure the neg looked fine though I didn't really hold it up to the light. I then mixed about 1-1/2 TBSP of sodium sulfite into a litre of water and added that to the water in the tray. Then the neg seemed to go black quite quickly in front of my eyes ??

Any ideas? I could still see a faint image (of my daughter) on the neg, kinda like a solarized image on the surface of the neg but I couldn't see jack through it...

Jon