PDA

View Full Version : Florida newbie

Michael Sofman
3-Sep-2011, 17:13
Hi Folks,
Complete amateur here. Been taking 35mm since high school (too many years ago to mention- let's just say my first camera was a Pentax KX), but recently came into possession of a Calumet 45N, with bag bellows, Rodenstock Sironar 210 lens, Copal No1 shutter, and a nice Manfrotto tripod. It didn't come with any other accessories like film holders, film, cable release, filters, dark cloth, etc., so any advice on the best places to get these things would be appreciated. Can't wait to start playing with it, but will probably not get around to it for a few months, due to work time constraints. I have no commercial photographic interest, just do it for the fun of it- usually put my work up on the walls at work and at home.

dsim
3-Sep-2011, 17:29
Welcome to the community. The classifieds (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27) here contain great deals. Eventually what you're looking for will turn up.

msk2193
3-Sep-2011, 18:49
Welcome aboard Michael.

Alan Gales
4-Sep-2011, 19:35
Welcome to the club, Michael. Besides the great classifieds here you can also check KEH and Ebay. The good news is that Cambo/Calumet items like lens boards, bag bellows, compendium shades, etc. are pretty inexpensive.

Alan

cdholden
4-Sep-2011, 19:40
Michael,
When I left south Florida back in late 2005, the best store around was Pittman Photo in South Miami on US1 (just south of The Falls). Even then, mostly 35mm and mostly digital. Sadly, your best source for hardware will be your internet/phone and your mailbox.
In addition to sources listed above, look at MPEX, Badger, B&H, Adorama, Freestyle, Glazers, the list goes on.
Welcome to the forum.

Chris