PDA

View Full Version : Cap sizes for Fuji 240mm A lens?

Jeff Bannow
25-Aug-2011, 08:16
Anyone know the front & rear cap sizes for a Fuji 240mm A lens? Got it from KEH and, big suprise, no caps.

Speaking of which, where do all the lens caps go that KEH sells? The glass is always fine, but the caps are always missing ....

Keith Pitman
25-Aug-2011, 08:48
The front is 54mm, and the rear is 45mm.

Jeff Bannow
25-Aug-2011, 09:16
Thanks! Off to B&H to track some down now.

Gem Singer
25-Aug-2011, 13:19
Jeff,

KEH often lists the same lens twice. Once as EXC+ with caps, and again as EXC, but without caps. Double listing makes their inventory look larger.

Always read the description of the lens and what's included with it carefully.

Sometimes KEH will sell the lens caps separately. Have you asked them?

Jeff Bannow
25-Aug-2011, 13:23
Jeff,

KEH often lists the same lens twice. Once as EXC+ with caps, and again as EXC, but without caps. Double listing makes their inventory look larger.

Always read the description of the lens and what's included with it carefully.

Sometimes KEH will sell the lens caps separately. Have you asked them?

Yeah, I've seen the listings with and without caps. Next time, I'll ask them about getting caps for it. I'm sure they have boxes of caps floating around their warehouse ...

ic-racer
25-Aug-2011, 15:18
When I got my Fujinon 250 from KEH it did not have caps, but they had the matching caps listed in the 'lenscaps' section. Too bad I did not order the caps at the same time I got the lens as the shipping was going to be $13 for two caps alone. So I was forced ( :) ) to order a second lens to justify the shipping cost of the caps for the 250.

John Koehrer
25-Aug-2011, 15:42
Yeah, I've seen the listings with and without caps. Next time, I'll ask them about getting caps for it. I'm sure they have boxes of caps floating around their warehouse ...

The ADP* goes into the retirement fund.

*Additional dealer profit.

Jeff Bannow
25-Aug-2011, 15:59
I'm always looking for an excuse to buy another lens .......

John NYC
26-Aug-2011, 02:50
Jeff,

Are you sure about that?