PDA

View Full Version : Large Format Projectors.

Dick Roadnight
4-Apr-2002, 18:18
Does anbody make good projectors for 6x9cm slides or larger, with av compatibili ty?

Phil Brammer
4-Apr-2002, 19:45
I don't belive you can get a combination AV and slide projector...

Why not make your own? The relatively large format you would be projecting (compared to 35mm) would require either some condenser lens system from a LF or MF enlarger to produce parallel light rays, or a fresnel lens ( a diffusion plate absorbs too much light for projection) and a nice bright light source. A metal halide lamp and ballast would be ideal, however a tungsten halogen lamp would suffice. The use of a fan, dichroic reflector for the lamp and/or a "cold mirror" to remove the infra red energy from the lamp is necassary to prevent overheating and damage to the silde. I am speaking from experience as i have made several projectors. Use a lens you would use for enlarging that format.

Stewart Ethier
5-Apr-2002, 02:09
6x9 no, but 6x7 yes. The Goetschmann 8585AV Slide Projector handles 6x7 slides in 85x85mm mounts and has audio-visual capabilities. Very expensive German technology.

Try http://www.jafaphotography.com/projecto.htm .

Dick Roadnight
5-Apr-2002, 14:44
Phil: I am an engineer, so making my own had occurred to me, but to make a pair of av-compatible, auto-focus projectors would be a great deal of work.

I have been looking for a pair of Hasselblad projectors with 240mm lenses.

Stewart, the Goeteshmann seems a nice piece of kit (thanks) but I shoot 66 (Hasselblad) and 69? on my Sinar p.

One option is to get a 66 projector and make 645 copies of my 69 slides: If you intend to do many shows, is best not to use your original slides. And (Macro-planar 120) A16 copies of 6x9 transparencies should look quite good.

Matthew Runde
5-Apr-2002, 22:59
There are related threads in the archives. It seems that there was/is a "Noblux" projector available for about $3000, new. You may be able to find a used one.

Dick Roadnight
6-Apr-2002, 16:10
Mathew: Thanks, I could not find a search function on the site which worked, But I tralwed the internet fo Nublux, and found that they are expensive, unavailable and for 5x4... but there are adaptors for smaller sizes.

Matthew Runde
6-Apr-2002, 19:45
Dick,

I use the "advanced search" function of Google to search the archives. Enter your search terms, and then enter "hv.greenspun.com" in the "Domains" field. There are many forums in this domain, so you may have to make the search specific, but it't not hard.

Good luck.

Dick Roadnight
8-Apr-2002, 15:27
Thanks everybody -it seem that nobody makes one... and I can only find Hasselblad projectors with the 75mm lens.