PDA

View Full Version : Busch Pressman 2 1/4 x 3 1/4

Scott Davis
19-Aug-2011, 03:57
Does the back rotate on the baby Pressman like on the 4x5?

Ivan J. Eberle
19-Aug-2011, 04:09
No, it's fixed. And they haven't got the front standard moves of the Model D, either.

Have to say that the Kalart Synchronized RF and Viewfocus equipped ones (yes, they made a few with this finder in the Model C) still have some appeal to me as handheld cameras. That's because a semi-permanently affixed roll film back is not such a problem for a camera with a working rangefinder/viewfinder, especially if used primarily handheld. Roll film solves any number of view camera problems, and in this size is a no brainer today with the lack of common availability of cut sheet film in 2-1/4 x3-1/4.

While I like their aesthetics, the thing that's always prevented me from doing anything with Pressmans is that they're not particularly useful with wide angles, as are the Baby Crowns and Centuries. Too, the bellows are leather and likely will have issues long before synthetic ones as found on later Graflexes.

henseman
26-Jul-2012, 19:42
I realize this thread is almost a year old, but I thought I might get some help here. I have a Busch Pressman 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 camera that I want to determine the year of manufacture. Is there a website that has this information or do any of you members on here, know how I can determine the year?

I've looked at a number of Pressmans on eBay and mine looks similar, but I haven't found one that looks exactly like mine.

77866;77867;7786877869;
Thanks in advance.

Dan Fromm
27-Jul-2012, 04:37
Sorry, there isn't.