PDA

View Full Version : Brett Weston Biography Book Signing + Exhibition Sept 10 - Weston Gallery

John Sexton
17-Aug-2011, 01:22
The Weston Gallery is having an exhibition celebrating what would have been Brett Weston’s upcoming 100th birthday, in conjunction with the publication of “A Restless Eye” by my long time friend John Charles Woods. John, along with Brett’s daughter and the book’s publisher Erica Weston, will be on hand at the opening reception and book signing Saturday, September 10, 2011 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm at the Weston Gallery in Carmel, California. This will be a great opportunity to meet John and have him - and perhaps Erica - sign your copy of “A Restless Eye” and at the same time enjoy an exhibition of Brett’s original prints.

The exhibition runs through October 8, 2011.

For those who are not able to attend the book signing, you can contact the Weston Gallery to order a book, have it autographed and shipped to you.

Weston Gallery
PO Box 655
Sixth between Dolores & Lincoln
Carmel, CA 93921
Tel: 831-624-4453
info@westongallery.com
http://www.westongallery.com

Robert Brummitt
17-Aug-2011, 06:57
Thanks John! I will take up the offer and get a copy mailed up to me. Looking forward for a nice biography to read and view some wonderful images too!
:) :) :)

Darin Boville
17-Aug-2011, 07:43
Just sent a note to order one....thanks.

--Darin

Darin Boville
17-Aug-2011, 07:49
Here's a link to more info on the book. Looks like $32. Three hundred some pages, 95 illustrations. A labor of love sort of thing by Brett's daughter. They seems to plan on offering high quality posters down the road at some point.

http://ericawestoneditions.com/pages/books.htm

--Darin

Eric Biggerstaff
17-Aug-2011, 07:50
I wish I could be there.

I just saw the Brett Weston exhibit at the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center and it was very nice. The lighting was horrible (which seems to be a trend in museum shows these days) but the images were of course, wonderful! I almost picked up a copy of the biography at the museum bookstore has I have heard really great things about it. So, I guess I will need to put that on my Christmas list.

Eric