PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock APO-Grandagons' performance

Masayoshi Hayashi
12-May-1999, 19:48
I'd like to hear some experience from APO-Grandagon 45 mm and 55 mm users. Does anyone know the image circles of these lenses at f22? From what I read on this f orum, APO-Grandagons have more even illumination and supposed to be sharper (tha n Schneiders)? If you have tried both APO-Grandagon 55 mm and Schneider 58mm XL (also APO-Grandagon 45 mm and Schneider 47mm XL), how would you compare both in terms of color characteristics, sharpness, contrast and so on besides the image circles and minimum apertures?

Bob Salomon
12-May-1999, 20:31
If it helps you we can mail you detailed technical specs on all or some of the Rodenstock lenses - the Apo Grandagon and the Grandagons are in the same brochure.

These will give you detailed specs as well as MTF, color and distortion curves.

steve_530
13-May-1999, 11:52
I use the 45mm on a Horseman 612. I use both Schneider and Rodenstock lenses on cameras and in the darkroom. I really like the color correction and "color" of the lenses in general in comparison to the Schneiders. My personal preferance at this time is for the Rodenstocks. The 45mm covers the 6x12 format just fine, but you will have to use a center spot filter to get it totally even. From my past experience, I would recommend using only the Rodenstock center spot or a Heliopan center spot.

If you're out there Bob, I'd like to thank you for personally getting the Imagon for my Hasselblad about 4 years ago through Leslie Sales.

--steve