PDA

View Full Version : ULF Lenses

Greg Woodward
12-Aug-2011, 01:04
Hello,

I am Greg and I am new to this forum, I tried looking for anything about ULF lenses in this section but went back a few pages and saw nothing bigger than 10" x 8".

I am in the process of building a 20" x 16" plate camera and was wandering if anybody knows what the best lens length is for the medium and perhaps the best brands or models?

Any help would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Greg :)

GPS
12-Aug-2011, 04:26
Have a look at Fine Art Schneider lenses...

Steven Tribe
12-Aug-2011, 06:51
Use the search facility with your format size.

Michael Kadillak
12-Aug-2011, 07:09
You will be well served to investigate Artars, Ronars, Nikkors and other process lenses as the costs of these in barrel will be very accommodating to your pocket book. Given your camera proportions I would look at focal lengths of 19", 24" 30" and maybe even 35". A normal lens would probably be a bit longer than 24" but it is not that big a deal. A front mounted Packard shutter and some adapters to fit a number of lenses and you would be in great shape. I would also bet that the 355 G Claron would also cover nicely as I know that it easily covers 12x20. Sounds like a great project.

EdWorkman
12-Aug-2011, 07:58
go back a lotta pp, there are threads, some rather long, about lenses for 7x17, 8x20, 12x20 etc. You might try those dimensions for search terms. Google the net for "Mamut Camera"

Keith Pitman
12-Aug-2011, 08:08
While this site doesn't seem to be maintained any longer, there is some ULF lens info here: http://www.mamutphoto.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/lang,en/

Andrew Plume
13-Aug-2011, 04:26
Hello,

I am Greg and I am new to this forum, I tried looking for anything about ULF lenses in this section but went back a few pages and saw nothing bigger than 10" x 8".

I am in the process of building a 20" x 16" plate camera and was wandering if anybody knows what the best lens length is for the medium and perhaps the best brands or models?

Any help would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Greg :)

Greg

As I said earlier this week, when you posted a similar enquiry on the UK large Format forum :confused: Mamut has a certain amount of info and if you spend some time searching on here, the info that you need will definitely be available on this (excellent) forum

andrew

Andrew Plume
13-Aug-2011, 04:27
Use the search facility with your format size.

Greg

exactly as Steven has suggested :)

andrew