PDA

View Full Version : Linhof

hanler
11-Aug-2011, 13:21
Can anyone send me an adress to a serious Linhof camera dealer. I'm looking for a used camera.

Michael Kadillak
11-Aug-2011, 14:55
Just a suggestion. It would be more efficient if you would just state what you are looking for in a Linhof camera or system and I am sure that someone would direct you where you might find one. Does not have to be a dealer as a private sale could be more cost effective.

Bob Salomon
11-Aug-2011, 15:43
Cameras West in Walnut Creek and in Palm Springs have several. Bear Images in Palo Alto, Foto Care, Ltd in NYC, Samy's in LA. Southeastern Camera in the Raleigh area had a few last time I was there and so did Englewood Camera in Englewood, CO.

But it would also help to know if you are looking for a 23, a 45, a 57 or 810. If the smaller ones a Technika or Kardan series?

The above presumes that you are looking for a dealer in the USA.

Ash
11-Aug-2011, 16:13
Please wouldn't go amiss

hanler
12-Aug-2011, 01:19
It is to this way. I am a cinematographer for my profession. But is also a part of still photo shoot. Now I will for a long time working on a project that briefly deals with abandoned buildings. I want the rich detail in images and therefore intend to use me in a large format camera. I started and look at the Linhof Master Technika 4x5 ". But frankly I do not know much about large format. But I have at least started to look for a used camera. In Sweden where I live, it seems almost impossible to buy a used Linhof.
So what I'm looking for is thus a large-format camera of good quality with a very good normal lens.

douglas antonio
12-Aug-2011, 03:09
well, then i would rather look at the famous auction site instead.
i believe for buildings you will need an extra till/shift/rise than the master technika will offer you. i myself have a technika v, which is a wonderful camera but a bit limited for architecture. the master has a few improvements but i can't say they would be sufficient. so i would rather go for a used monorail like a sinar and invest more into the lens.
i myself have a grandagon-n 90/6.8 which is a bit difficult to focus in dim light – otherwises excellent. a 4.5 is available. but maybe a 75 mmm is better for you? probably a rent-test with a decent monorail and a wide angle-lens would help you to decide?

hope this helps?

best

Bob Salomon
12-Aug-2011, 03:30
It is to this way. I am a cinematographer for my profession. But is also a part of still photo shoot. Now I will for a long time working on a project that briefly deals with abandoned buildings. I want the rich detail in images and therefore intend to use me in a large format camera. I started and look at the Linhof Master Technika 4x5 ". But frankly I do not know much about large format. But I have at least started to look for a used camera. In Sweden where I live, it seems almost impossible to buy a used Linhof.
So what I'm looking for is thus a large-format camera of good quality with a very good normal lens.

The Technikardan would be ideal for your needs. If you want a Technika then the discontinued 2000 or the current Master Technika 3000 would be best as like the Technikardan, they are designed to work easily with very wide lenses as well as regular and long lenses. The TK folds but is a monorail so of the monorail cameras, it is the most convenient to carry and set-up.

Michael Kadillak
12-Aug-2011, 06:05
I agree with Bob. The Linhof Technikardian 45S would serve your purposes optimally because of its broad range of movements and flexibilities with wide angle lenses and a bag bellows. The Master Technika is more of a field camera. You should be able to shake one out of the used market in no time.

Henry Carter
12-Aug-2011, 06:12
Photografica in Copenhagen is a reputable Linhof dealer with a large inventory of new (and used) Linhof cameras.

The Master Technika is a wonderful beast!

Skaal!

engl
12-Aug-2011, 06:46
Rich detail in the negative will come from proper technique and a sharp lens. I'd recommend getting a camera that allows exercising good technique easily, such as a geared monorail, and a great lens. They are bigger and heavier, but your goal is the best possible result, right?

A used Sinar P2 isn't very expensive, check eBay in UK and Germany.

Kul med fler svenskar här :) Vilken del av Sverige? Du kanske kan hitta någon att hyra eller låna av.

ashlee52
12-Aug-2011, 07:50
Hanler

Welcome to Large Format. The great news is that there are many cameras and lenses which will do what you need... at costs as low at $300 for a used "kit" up into the many $1000's. If you don't need to move far from a car or studio, the monorail cameras are more flexible and much cheaper now. The folding cameras are designed to give you as much movement as they can but are never as easy for archetecture, which is one of the most demanding LF applications.

The best bargains since you don't have any LF equipment are generally to find a seller offering a camera, lens, film holders etc all together on E-Bay.