PDA

View Full Version : Another Scratched lens! Wollensak 11.5in/4 Verito

Asher Kelman
10-Aug-2011, 08:52
This (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280443918121&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_1041wt_1322) is the link! It's not my lens, but I believe it would be a great bargain for anyone dreaming for such a lens, but finding the price too steep.

Most of the lens surface is fine, so focus should be perfect. The issue is some light scatter.

From Jim Galli's work with a severely cracked front element, lens will most likely function well, just lose a wee bit of contrast and that can be fixed by painting the cracks black, filling with a resin or simply scanning and correcting in Photoshop.

Hope this is of interest to someone!

Asher

Rider
10-Aug-2011, 11:10
I picked up a Verito and 2 Dagors for about $185 (along with some other stuff I can't identify). One of the Dagors cost $70 (thank you Flutot!) to fix. The second Dagor still needs fixin. Do you think that was a good deal? The Verito is only 7.5" and lacks a shutter though.

GSX4
10-Aug-2011, 11:40
ALL of Gokevincameras lenses are over priced.... I'd avoid like the plague.

Jon Shiu
10-Aug-2011, 11:46
There are some details in that ebay auction that are confusing: deep scratches, but seller rates it EX? Listed as in barrel, but shown in Studio shutter?

Jon

E. von Hoegh
10-Aug-2011, 12:11
I wouldn't buy a two cent piece of bubblegum from that clown. He has a European equivalent, PhotoArsenal I think?

CCHarrison
10-Aug-2011, 12:51
hmmm. I have had luck with Kevincameras. I always ask for a price lower than listed on his site which he always grants, and I have also returned an item without issue. While his prices feel high, his high end inventory is unique and when you really want to have that uber-rare spectographicdagorektar 500mm/1.4 lens, chances are Kevin has it, when others dont, even ebay (or if you dont want to wait for ebay)... Supply and demand...

I am no shill for Kevin. Dont know him personally, but have had 4 good experiences with him over the last 5 years. Your mileage may vary.

Dan

Two23
11-Aug-2011, 05:51
I wouldn't buy a two cent piece of bubblegum from that clown. He has a European equivalent, PhotoArsenal I think?

Ah yes. My favorite is Cameras$. Broken stuff, but marked down by half to where it's only five times what it's worth. :rolleyes:

Kent in SD

Asher Kelman
11-Aug-2011, 09:21
hmmm. I have had luck with Kevincameras. I always ask for a price lower than listed on his site which he always grants, and I have also returned an item without issue. While his prices feel high, his high end inventory is unique and when you really want to have that uber-rare spectographicdagorektar 500mm/1.4 lens, chances are Kevin has it, when others dont, even ebay (or if you dont want to wait for ebay)... Supply and demand...

I am no shill for Kevin. Dont know him personally, but have had 4 good experiences with him over the last 5 years. Your mileage may vary.

Dan,

This is good enough for me! I sent him questions on the lens and he replied immediately.

Are the negative comments backed by real experience of bait switching, poor descriptions or failure to deliver what's shown? In this case he has ~ pictures. Everyone has the right to try to sell at their chosen price. Then the market decides. :)

Asher