PDA

View Full Version : Motor Base

Paul Mongillo
27-Dec-2001, 13:06
I am tired of hand rotating my Jobo tank. I would like to get a Beseler or Unic olor (auto-reversing) drum from Ebay, but don't know if my 2500 Jobo drum is goi ng to be long enough to work. I'm at work so I can't measure the drums demensio ns, but it can't be much more than six inches long. Anyone out there know it my Jobo tank will work on either of these motorized bases ? Thanks.

Jennifer Waak
27-Dec-2001, 13:49
I just measured the distance between the rollers on my Uniroller and it is 5 3/4" from the outside edge of each roller.

I have the 2551 drum that holds 2 4x5 rells, but if your tank only holds 1 I think you'll be in trouble. When I put the tank on it appears to "walk" just a wee bit while it agitates, probably about 1/2" -- it walks back and forth so there is never any danger of it falling off, but you'll need to take that into account.

Mark Wiens
27-Dec-2001, 14:13
I use a Uniroller with my Jobo 2583 which is the 2nd largest tank of the 2500 series.

David F. Stein
27-Dec-2001, 15:40
Why not built a sleeve for the tank so it will stay on the rollers. I do think "hand" rotating gives superb negs because of the anonymous/asymetric motion imparted.

Steve Feldman
27-Dec-2001, 19:20
Believe it or don't . . . I'm using the Unicolor motor base with the Unicolor print drum to develop my 4x5 sheet film. It accomodates 4 sheets at a time. No "walkng/wandering" problems (just keep it on a level surface). Always perfect, even development. I also develop 35mm and 120 roll film in Patterson tanks on the motor base. Never better!

bob moulton
28-Dec-2001, 19:51
I have used a uniroller with the 2551 tank to process film for several years with no problems. recently, i added the Expert 3010 to soup 4x5 film in also. Both work. One footnote. To keep either drum from walking along on the uniroller, I placed the tank on the roller, saw whenre it touched and added large rubber bands around the tank fore and aft to keep the tank in place. Never had a problem since. Bob