PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from California

thelawoffives
8-Aug-2011, 08:06
Hello all, My name is Bill Henderson, I am in San Anselmo, California - just north of San Francisco in Marin County. I have been shooting film for a few years now, and I still count myself as a beginner. As far as LF, I am still working myself through my first box of sheet film, but I anticipate speeding up now that I recently bought my first Crown Graphic.

I also cleared some room in my garage to set up a shop with various tools from my father's estate, and I hope to begin work on a few camera projects soon. The first few things I would like to start include a box camera from Alan Greene's book, a few pinhole cameras, and I really want to learn more about gearing in order to build film advance mechanisms.

Thanks everyone for reading, and thanks for your contributions. I have been lurking here for a while, and it feels nice to finally join up.

Jon Shiu
8-Aug-2011, 08:27
Welcome to large format, Bill. I am a bit north, on the cold and foggy coast. Good luck with your projects. I also enjoy simple cameras like pinholes and toy cameras myself.

Jon

Drew Wiley
8-Aug-2011, 10:59
Hi - at least you're on the drier side of Mt Tam this cold summer. Marin is sure a wonderful place for photography. Good luck with your shop projects. Drew

Tony Karnezis
13-Aug-2011, 15:11
Welcome Bill. If you could send some sunshine down here when it's foggy, we'd appreciate it.

Good luck with your projects. Looking forward to seeing your progress with them.

John Kasaian
13-Aug-2011, 15:26
Hello from Fresno!