PDA

View Full Version : Zone VI Heavy Duty Tripod

Pawlowski6132
5-Aug-2011, 14:57
So, I noticed that the "lighter" model of this tripod has the string that keeps the legs from flying out. The Heavy Duty model doesn't. Has anyone added something like this?

Or, what other method have you used to keep the legs from flying out accidently?

thanx,

Joe

windpointphoto
5-Aug-2011, 16:18
When I had this model I usually collapsed at the legs from exhaustion. That held it in place.

Peter De Smidt
5-Aug-2011, 18:49
The two models of Zone VI tripods were the Standard and the Lightweight. The later versions of the Standard model have the string as well. Mine does.

Dan Fromm
6-Aug-2011, 03:12
Hardware stores carry screw eyes, also a variety of cords. If you have the tripod, try self-help.

Joe Forks
6-Aug-2011, 07:45
The later versions of the Standard model have the string as well. Mine does.

Peter is correct. The Zone VI Standard I just sold and shipped DID have the rope tether.

paulr
6-Aug-2011, 09:09
When I had this model I usually collapsed at the legs from exhaustion. That held it in place.

That thing really did look like a beast. Suitable for pushing your way into fortresses and for crucifixions. The lighweight one was always burly enough for anything I imagined needing.

Peter Gomena
6-Aug-2011, 12:15
I own the "lightweight." I figure that if I ever sprain an ankle in the field, I can convert it to a handy crutch. Also could use it for defense against bears.

Peter Gomena

paulr
6-Aug-2011, 17:58
Yeah, the lightweight feels like a substantial piece of something or other, with sharp points. In dodgy neighborhoods I go from feeling vulnerable when the camera's set up, to feelng menacing when it's in the bag and the that big pointy tree trunk is riding my shoulder.

windpointphoto
6-Aug-2011, 19:09
I had a big damn dog attack me once. I had the "lightweight" one with the good metal feet. Nuff said, problem solved. I found the lightweight to be fine for the 8x10. The cord was handy most times.