PDA

View Full Version : Epson V700 + BetterScanning help

alexcong
28-Jul-2011, 10:19
I recently got a BetterScanning mounting station with ANR glass for dry mount scan. I tried it for the first time last night on my V700, but couldn't get any image. I follow the mounting procedure on BetterScanning website, but the scanned image is always black. I wonder if anybody using BetterScanning holder got this problem before and could offer some information. Thanks.

Ken Lee
28-Jul-2011, 11:01
Do you have the holder oriented correctly ? Like the original Epson holders and guides, it "communicates" with the scanner by shapes at the corners. (That's why the Epson holders have little symbols on them, telling you which way they need to be oriented.)

cps
28-Jul-2011, 11:03
Alex,

Are you using Epson Scan? My quick thoughts are: 1 (the obvious): check to make sure you have the software set to transparency - weird things happen otherwise. 2 (not totally obvious): Make sure you have the scanning station oriented so that the cutout on the outside of the short side (i.e. the top) is aligned on the hinge-end of the scanner bed. The software will do weird stuff if the scanning station is mounted the other way around. It will do weird things if anything covers that area of the bed in fact.

Chris

Jim C.
28-Jul-2011, 11:08
This is a really dumb question -
Did you remove the pad that's on the top portion of the scanner that's used
for reflective scans ?

I did that recently, forgot to take it off, got black scans.
:D

alexcong
28-Jul-2011, 12:01
I did remove the pad on the top scanner, as I mostly use it to scan negatives. From the replies, I guess it's the wrong orientation problem since I only try it in one orientation last night. I will try again tonight. Thanks for all the suggestions.