PDA

View Full Version : SilverFast 8 Released

tgtaylor
27-Jul-2011, 08:51
Heads-up for all you scanners out there:

LaserSoft Imaging announces SilverFast 8 -
best Scanner Software featuring a World‘s First

Dear SilverFast User,

SilverFast, the most popular scanner software in the world, is released as brand-new version SilverFast 8. After many successful years, SilverFast will be available completely renewed towards the end of August for the most important scanners of all major manufacturers. With the powerful new SilverFast software images can be created, edited and brought to perfection easily. The patent-pending WorkflowPilot featuring a world‘s first is just one of many new developments that bring significant advantages for the user.

The WorkflowPilot is a core element of the new software. As a kind of assistant, it guides the user in the correct order through all processing steps required for his individual workflow. In this way you turn your analog originals into convincing scans easily, because all complex operations become a child's play for the user.

The SilverFast Real-Time Preview Concept allows to check the results of any adjusted setting anytime and immediately. Also new and up to date is the graphical user interface, on which the user can quickly and easily find all important controls and features. SilverFast 8 supports Multi-Tasking and the latest 64bit hardware and is therefore extremely fast and efficient.

SilverFast 8 is compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP, and runs natively on Mac OS X systems from version 10.5 (including 10.7 Lion). 32bit computers will be supported as well as 64bit systems.

Until the end of the 2011, LaserSoft Imaging will offer a free upgrade to SilverFast 8 to all customers who will purchase or have purchased a copy of SilverFast version 6.6 after June 1st. This offer is naturally also valid for SilverFast versions bundled with a scanner device or purchased from a dealer.

Now if only Epson followed suit with the flatbed scanner...

Thomas

Preston
27-Jul-2011, 10:01
I would consider using this new version if it supported my Microtek 1800f on a Win 7 64 bit box..

I am currently using VueScan and find that it works fine.

--P

sully75
27-Jul-2011, 10:50
I could not get the version to work that came with my 4870 but would try it again because I hate epson scan.

Professional
28-Jul-2011, 11:59
I like Epson Scan the most, but if they will release this version i may give it a try.

yeknom02
30-Jul-2011, 07:51
"This offer is naturally also valid for SilverFast versions bundled with a scanner device or purchased from a dealer."

Great! I was worried that I might have to shell out some big bucks for an upgrade.

BrianShaw
30-Jul-2011, 11:41
"This offer is naturally also valid for SilverFast versions bundled with a scanner device or purchased from a dealer."

Great! I was worried that I might have to shell out some big bucks for an upgrade.

Hey BrokeCollegeStudent... don't get too excited. Discounts offered, but the "free upgrade" is very limited. Here is the fine print:

(from http://www.silverfast.com/news/en.html)
Until the end of the 2011, LaserSoft Imaging will offer a free upgrade to SilverFast 8 to all customers who will purchase or have purchased a copy of SilverFast version 6.6 after June 1st. This offer is naturally also valid for SilverFast versions bundled with a scanner device or purchased from a dealer. Any SilverFast software purchased prior to June 1st will benefit from significant pricebreaks of up to 50% when upgrading from an earlier SilverFast version to SilverFast 8.

The release of SilverFast 8 is scheduled for August 2011.

The SilverFast 8 pricing will be within the range of SilverFast 6.6 prices. Actually, some versions can be offered for a lowered price. In detail we will offer pricebreaks as follows:
•SilverFast purchased after June 1st, 2011: free upgrade
•older SilverFast software of version 6.5 or later: 50% discount
•older SilverFast software of version 6.0 or later: 30% discount
•older SilverFast software of version 5.5 or later: 20% discount

yeknom02
30-Jul-2011, 16:32
Well, I posted that since my copy of Silverfast SE came bundled with my scanner. So I would imagine that the free update still applies. Only one way to find out, once I get back to my scanner and try out that upgrade.

captivelight
2-Aug-2011, 18:30
I just upgraded my v750 from 6.4 to 6.6 yesterday and the email confirmation said that I was eligible for a free upgrade to version 8 as soon as it's released later this month.