PDA

View Full Version : Schneider 100 5.6 Apo on MPP

Nguss
25-Jul-2011, 08:45
I was wondering whether anyone had come across or used one of these lenses before and also whether it is likely to fit on to an MPP with a normal (as oposed to coned) lens board.

I am currently using a 135mm and want something wider but am slightly concerned about a 90mm as I am not sure I will be able to locate a lensboard for it.

Thanks for any help you are able to give.

engl
25-Jul-2011, 09:43
That lens will not cover 4x5. Even if it did, it would not be any easier to use on your MPP since it is a plasmat design which has shorter back focal length than wide angle designs. Focused at infinity, a Symmar-S 100/5.6 is 85mm from the film, while a Super Angulon 90/8 is 90mm from the film.

Using wide lenses on a MPP Micro Technical can be tricky. I think your best bet, if you want something easily used and can live without movements, is a Angulon 90/6.8 on the cone board.

Nguss
25-Jul-2011, 10:07
Excellent thanks! I have seen cheapish angulons. I thought it was strange that I could not find anything about it, but it was listed as a large fomat lens on the site I was looking at.

engl
25-Jul-2011, 11:08
Officially it does not cover anyway, but it might put (fuzzy) light in the corners of 4x5 at small apertures. It is made for use with medium format cameras/backs.

Angulon 90/6.8 are usually pretty cheap and is what the MPP is designed for, with luck you can find a cone board, lens and rangefinder cam as a set.

mattydk
27-Jul-2011, 06:15
I have a 90mm Angulon 6.8 mounted on my MPP VII using a cone panel. It covers 4x5 stopped down to f/22 and it's damn sharp. As for cone boards there are a few panels for sale on eBay.co.uk now if you fancy a look, just do a search and they're sure to come up.

Nguss
27-Jul-2011, 12:43
Excellent, I have seen an angulon and will pick up one of the boards from ebay. Glad to hear it's a decent lens, though I have heard that there may be some sample variations. Hopefully mine with not be too bad!