PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed On More On Bellows

northcarolinajack
24-Jul-2011, 13:23
Here I am once more asking for advice on the bellows for the Kodak full plate camera I have been restoring. I had a devil of time removing the old bellows! I hate to try using screws to attach the new bellows, which I will receive Monday. I read somewhere, I think on the Forum, about using Pliobond glue to attach the bellows. In check I found many types of Pliobond, so which type. Or is the use of glue a good idea? In addition, what would be best?

I look forward to your good advice.

Jack

TheDeardorffGuy
24-Jul-2011, 13:31
Go to ACE hardware. Go to the glue shelf. They carry just one PLIOBOND. thats it. The glue should only ne used on the front bellows frame. Use 1/8 in staples on the rear frame or use tacks as it was original. When you use PLIOBOND coat both surfaces. Let dry 10 minutes and bond. You will not be able to undo it. Get it straight the first time.
You want the brown tinted bottle. In 35 years of using PLIOBOND I never knew they had other types! You want PLIOBOND 20. This is what it looks like: http://cgi.ebay.com/PLIOBOND-Industrial-Contact-Cement-3oz-/280666041422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4158ffec4e

Here I am once more asking for advice on the bellows for the Kodak full plate camera I have been restoring. I had a devil of time removing the old bellows! I hate to try using screws to attach the new bellows, which I will receive Monday. I read somewhere, I think on the Forum, about using Pliobond glue to attach the bellows. In check I found many types of Pliobond, so which type. Or is the use of glue a good idea? In addition, what would be best?

I look forward to your good advice.

Jack

GPS
24-Jul-2011, 22:28
Don't even try to bond all 4 sides of the bellows at once. You would get one or more sides glued incorrectly. Glue first one side of the perimeter, then two adjacent sides and then the rest. Use plastic cuttings to spread the glue on the parts.

northcarolinajack
26-Jul-2011, 04:52
Thanks for your comments! It helped.

Jack